How do I cancel my pro membership?

So I had planned to pay for my pro membership for a month only and now I come to find out if I do nothing when my date "expires" they just take my money out and it starts over. So how do I cancel my pro membership?

Comments

• ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184
    edited September 2015

Use the question mark button in the right bottom corner

and right the GS Team a message.

• bernardo.chuecosbernardo.chuecos Member, PRO Posts: 75

@ThoPel said:
    Use the question mark button in the right bottom corner

and right the GS Team a message.

They haven't answered me yet and I saw on the FAQs that when I refund I will be charged per day, what can I do??? I want to cancel it now before they keep charging me for more days

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2015

If you paid/checked out with PayPal you can go into your PayPal account and cancel subscriptions.

While I haven't signed up to the monthly payments with GameSalad yet I don't see why it would be different from any other PayPal subscription I've signed up for, all of which I can cancel easily if needed.

If you didn't use PayPal then GameSalad need to make it easy to cancel from your GameSalad profile/account.

• RhiannonSaladRhiannonSalad Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 69
    edited September 2015

We will take care of you. I was sick over the weekend. I see your ticket and will make sure you're situated.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,351

There definitely needs to be a system to unsub that isn't dependent on actual humans being available. Time zones, illness, weekends, holidays specific to countries etc. could all cause problems.

What if I wanted to unsub at 10am my time (3am for you guys iirc), on November 26th, and my subscription renewed the next day? I'm sure you guys would sort things out and refund anything necessary, but seems a weird situation to put customers in.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@Armelline that feature is in the queue. In circumstances like the one you mentioned, we'll honor any request sent to us via the CS link based on the timestamp of the initial request.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,351

@dgackey said:
    Armelline that feature is in the queue. In circumstances like the one you mentioned, we'll honor any request sent to us via the CS link based on the timestamp of the initial request.

So long as it's a planned addition and this isn't the new way of handling cancellations forever, I see no issue!

Yeah, we certainly aren't trying to prevent people from canceling or drag out customer service interactions in the name of racking up another month or anything like that.

We DO want to better understand why people want to cancel, so we can keep an eye on these and continue to better meet everyone's needs. But we can collect this data in an automated fashion, too.

• 421pvv 421pvv Member, PRO Posts: 3

Please stop my pro membership. It will again renew at 10th October 2015. I want to stop this renewal. Please stop my pro membership. I will repurchase it if needed. But for now I am not going to make games so please stop my pro membership renewal.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

@421pvv, have you used the chat button to contact support? I would recommend that.

Closing this thread -- please contact support for any future requests on this. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.