help understanding banners vs. interstitials

I'm wasting alot of time trying to find answers about advertising, so i am asking here for your advices.

I am planning on using iAds in the AppStore. My understanding is that banners update every ~30 seconds?

Each of my game scene timers only lasts 15 secs max. The game goes directly from level to level and not to a menu in between.

Will a banner refresh itself with a new impression between scenes? or keep the same impression from lvl to lvl until a 30 sec display has expired? (in which i need to do nothing?)

Does it need to be destroyed and created new? (that happens each time a new scene is launched, doesn't it?)

... Will iAds allow less than a 30 second impression?

Would it be better to do an interstitial after every third scene?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Or, if you can lead me to where to find this info?

http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/133144

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@EldonRouge:

I am planning on using iAds in the AppStore. My understanding is that banners update every ~30 seconds?

From my understanding, ads refresh well after a minute. You as a developer complete an "impression" after 30-something seconds of the ad showing. This may have changed within the last year, so you may need to confirm this.

Will a banner refresh itself with a new impression between scenes? or keep the same impression from lvl to lvl until a 30 sec display has expired? (in which i need to do nothing?)

As long as you have a display ad behavior on each scene, you should be good to go.

Does it need to be destroyed and created new? (that happens each time a new scene is launched, doesn't it?)

You don't need to do anything. The system takes care of that.

... Will iAds allow less than a 30 second impression?

Not that I know of.

Would it be better to do an interstitial after every third scene?

That's up to you. :)

• EldonRougeEldonRouge Member, PRO Posts: 14

awsome! thank you so much for taking the time to help!