New to GS. Pressing play freezes screen and does nothing.

Hello! I got game salad again after yeaaaaars of not using it. I decided to make a small little rule on a basic square actor. But on the latest version of GS for windows nothing happens in the play mode.

Meaning: I have a key press rule, with a move behavior added to it both WHEN the key is press and even when it is not pressed (else) Nothing happens either way. I also even added a spawn actor to it to see if I could rule out that I am doing something wrong but everything is in its place... my GS jusr doesnt work. Help?

Comments

• anselwithmacanselwithmac Member Posts: 2

UPDATE: Logged onto my mac computer, and didn't have a single issue. My PC has an AMD card and CPU and I am running windows 10.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

There are two issues with the Windows preview right now.

1) You need to click the window so it has focus before the keyboard will work.
    2) If you have an actor selected on your scene when you preview, the arrow keys won't work.

Both will be fixed soon.

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

@GeorgeGS said:
    There are two issues with the Windows preview right now.

1) You need to click the window so it has focus before the keyboard will work.
    2) If you have an actor selected on your scene when you preview, the arrow keys won't work.

Both will be fixed soon.

OKAY... there is a bug with the arrow keys. Thanks dude.

• HashbrownsHashbrowns Member Posts: 3

I am having this same issue, and I have an Intel processor running Windows 7.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

If you're having preview issues, try the latest version. It should be compatible with just about everything and the focus and arrow issues are fixed.