How would I put up images...

Hello,

I wanted to know how to upload images straight from my pc to the forums. I can't anymore and it's really bugging me. It used to say "Attach image\file" and I could add images from my pc to the forums. I would a screenshot but I can't and I really don't want to sign up for some image hosting site :/

Comments

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

You need to have a Basic or PRO subscription to attach images straight to your post. Otherwise you need to use an image hosting site. There are a lot of free ones, so you don't need to register.

tinypic.com is one you can use.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

@NipaDidIt said:
    You need to have a Basic or PRO subscription to attach images straight to your post. Otherwise you need to use an image hosting site. There are a lot of free ones, so you don't need to register.

tinypic.com is one you can use.

I have a basic account I thought though?

Thanks dude

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276
    edited September 2015

It shows here on the forums that you're just a member. I'm not 100% sure if you need to be a PRO member to post images though.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

I know my pro has been removed but I was going to post art for everyone else. Now I'll have to go to another site and post it... hugh I don't even get why it is a pro feature...

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I believe it's less of a perk and more of an anti-spam tactic. Members who join the forums for a moment could potentially wreak a bit of havoc by posting images from spam accounts. Requiring a Pro membership means that only those who have purchased GameSalad (not likely from a spambot!) can directly embed images. Anyone else can, of course, post links to images hosted elsewhere.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    I believe it's less of a perk and more of an anti-spam tactic. Members who join the forums for a moment could potentially wreak a bit of havoc by posting images from spam accounts. Requiring a Pro membership means that only those who have purchased GameSalad (not likely from a spambot!) can directly embed images. Anyone else can, of course, post links to images hosted elsewhere.

I did not think of that. I guess my young mind isn't as logical as most peoples yet. :D