I can't no longer compile my games in xcode!

SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi, i have updated my ipod to OS 3.1.2 and unfortunatly i had to download the new SDK 3.1.2 too (+2.3GB again)

Now everything is installed but when i want to build and go my game from xcode to my device i get the following error:

"Error Starting Executable

No provisioned iPhone OS is connected"

Anyone else got this problem?

Any Hints Tips?

Comments

• superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Have you checked if your provisioning profile is still installed on your phone and xcode? Either way, you may want to try deleting and reinstalling.
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    Hi superNES ... i completly forgot everything about provisioning etc after it was once installed...

how do i check this?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Open XCode, and click on Window -> Organizer

You'll see your iPod Touch listed, you probably have to click the box "Use this device for development"

I had forgot all about this when I upgraded my phone to 3.1. Hit that box and you should be good to go.
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    From the menu bar in Xcode, select Window>Organizer. If you iphone is connected, you can select it and see which provisioning profiles are installed on it. Depending on how you want to build it (Development, App Store, or Ad Hoc) Xcode might also need to have a provisioning profile installed onto it. See the wiki for info on how to create and install the profiles:
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:preparing_for_build
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    "Use this device for development"!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaah ... mulcahy Thank you!
    Thank you SuperNES!

Pressing the button and everything runs fine!