Set to destroy on collision, when I set up a random spawner, many of the spawned do not destroy

ncarlson29ncarlson29 Member Posts: 17

Here is what i have set up for my random spawner, and I have an actor (tree) which is going across the screen correctly the way it should be, but i have another actor set up to destroy "tree" when it hits it, but for some reason many of the "tree" actors go right by and do not get destroyed, where every couple of them do, any ideas as to what is causing this?

Here is the screenshot of my random generator for the actor "tree" https://gyazo.com/7f01a5556ecac25abb4a10b5d39595e1

Comments

• ncarlson29ncarlson29 Member Posts: 17

PS: The timer block is just off to the side it isn't any part of this

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited September 2015

It's common for people new to GameSalad to think that a spawner imparts some kind of control over the actor it spawns, when in reality there is no connection. A spawner merely places an actor on screen at a specific location and orientation.

Your issue sounds like it is between the tree actor and the actor the tree collides with (the interaction between these two actors is not behaving as you expect) . . . so posting a screenshot of the rules for the actor that spawns the tree actor isn't going to be useful. You may as well take a picture of you dragging the tree actor into the scene, that's all the spawner really does :smile:

Think of it like this, there is a woman who lives down my street, she had 3 sons, one of them is a bit of a trouble maker, he often hangs out with another local kid and the two of them go around smashing windows and setting cats on fire, I want you to keep a look out for these two - so to help you in this task he's a picture of the mother.

• ncarlson29ncarlson29 Member Posts: 17

Ooohh i completely understand thank you so much! Now i know how to stop him from setting cats on fire thanks :D

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@ncarlson29 said:
    Ooohh i completely understand thank you so much! Now i know how to stop him from setting cats on fire thanks :D

:smiley:

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

First off, @Socks that was a good way to describe it :D And second, @ncarlson29, how do you have the tree moving and how fast?

• BellowBellow Bartender Member, PRO Posts: 227

Well please put tree actor ss too :) . Your spawner looks normal.