Gamesalad crashed and i can't open my project

nadir.alkarbinadir.alkarbi Member, PRO Posts: 94
edited October 2015 in Working with GS (Mac)

Today i work so hard on my project for about 5 hours and suddenly gamesalad keep crashing 5 time after that i tried to open my project to work again but nothing happen when i choose my project file please what i can do to open my project again any help.

Comments

• AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

Did you make more than one save file?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

First of all, be sure to save multiple copies of the file while working on it. Also make a backup that is in a separate location in case something like this happens again.

I'd recommend contacting Support (start a chat with the "Got a question?" icon at the bottom-right of the forums page). I've had some success with them being able to restore a project -- not always, of course.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• nadir.alkarbinadir.alkarbi Member, PRO Posts: 94

I have one copy only and i did contact support now I'm waiting a reply hopefully they can fix it :/

None of my projects now open all seems broken or gamesalad is broken :/

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited October 2015

Working on a single file (in any application, not just GameSalad) for a long period of time is never a great idea, continuing to work on that same file even after the application keeps crashing is an even worse idea, sorry to hear you've lost your work (hopefully Support can find a solution) but you really need to develop a viable file system that doesn't rely on repeatedly overwriting a single file, you will eventually screw up, make a mistake, save over a better version, get a corrupt file, a disk error or delete all your images by accident (or whatever).

Only work on a single file for as long as the number of hours of work you are prepared to lose.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited October 2015

@nadir.alkarbi said:
    None of my projects now open all seems broken or gamesalad is broken :/

That's probably good news, it suggests that the issue may well be with your installation of GameSalad rather than your actual projects.

@Socks said:
    That's probably good news, it suggests that the issue may well be with your installation of GameSalad rather than your actual projects.

I don't know this is only happen when i upgrade my mac os to el capitan yesterday i reinstalled gamesalad i still have same problem but the projects thats come with gamesalad Big Top Blaster and other projects works fine.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

Did you search your title in finder to see if it's anywhere?

I usually save

Kill Frogs 100
    Kill frogs 101
    Kiil frogs 102
    Time machine backs up............
    External backup every Friday.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

The easiest way to find out is to have someone else try to open a project. If you're willing to, email one of the broken projects to support@armelline.com and I'll try to open it. I'm also on El Capitan, so it'll be a good test.

• egorgesegorges Member Posts: 21

If you have a TimeCapsule, it would have the latest backup.

Before any other try, do a backup now. Maybe the file is ok but could be corrupted in some of the tries.

Maybe you can try:

• reboot
    • cool reboot (shutdown, wait, restart)
    • reinstall GameSalad

Good luck!

Thx guys, the support team help me and don't have any problem now :) .