CPU drop affects GS performance

vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

I was experiencing a huge drop in frame rate every 100 seconds when I was previewing my game in the Creator and I had no idea what was going on! It drops from a steady 60 FPS to 40FPS and then slowly builds up again to 60FPS. It was strange, because I didn't see the same drop in frames running AdHoc on my iPad. Then I did an Activity Monitor test on my MacBook Pro while running GS and previewing my game. I found something super-weird. Every 100 seconds or so, GS CPU usage % drops from an average of 40% down to 29% corresponding perfectly with the drop in FPS in the game and then slowly goes back to 40%. No other application shows up as stealing CPU power from GS, so I have no idea of what's going on.

It is annoying because my game is unplayable at 40FPS when I am testing it. Anyone have an idea of what this could be? Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

I guess @Lost_Oasis_Games that this is the most plausible explanation. But then why does the game run perfectly on my iPad?

I will try to comment out one actor at a time in the scene and see if I can find the culprit.