Anyone worked with game template Zombie Drop?

GlooferGloofer Member, PRO Posts: 18
edited October 2015 in Help Wanted

I know this might not belong to this category but I couldn't find any other better suited. @moderator: Feel free to move this to another category if needed.

I have bought the game template Zombie Drop, and have spent quite some hours redesigning it. I have asked the vendor a couple of questions but haven't received any replies, so I guess the template is not supported any more. Now I set my hopes on that someone here at the forum can help me, perhaps someone who is familiar with this template, or someone with great GameSalad skills? For my part I am a total GameSalad newbee, sorry I'll work on my improvement.

In this template there is a sounds folder with sounds to replace or to add new ones. The game also contains a button where the in game music can be turned on and off, but there is no music file in the sounds folder. And no music is playing when playing the game. So my guess is that the vendor have simply removed the music file for copyright purposes. My problem is that I can't figure out how to add a new music file so that it works with this on/off button. Looking at the properties of the button tells me nothing about the supposed file name for the expected music file. So I'm a little clueless here.

The other question I have (and you should probably have experience of this template in particular to be able to answer it) is which is the best way to build fresh levels or rebuild the existing ones? Sure, I guess one could just simply rearrange the blocks and try out what works and what doesn't, but maybe there is a more clever method that someone could share with me :)

The only thing the "help" file provided with this template says is that there is full In-Game notes provided, showing you how to customize. But I haven't seen any of these notes, and I'm not really sure where to look for them.

Comments

• GlooferGloofer Member, PRO Posts: 18

@uptimistik said:
    Hey there open a ticket on the marketplace.

Think I did just that a couple of weeks ago, I believe an email or note was sent to the vendor, but I haven't received an answer.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

The template was made by tshirtbooth, who is no longer really around. It is presumably owned by GSHelper now (I guess it's whoever gets paid when a copy is bought!), so it would be @uptimistik or @Braydon_SFX responsible for support.

These seem like pretty straightforward questions though that shouldn't be too hard for them to answer!

Thanks for the advice people, I opened up a ticket at GShelper. Wish me luck :)

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Most of the templates on the marketplace are sold by third party sellers, and as such are intended to be supported by them. The support provided by these third party sellers varies enormously. Providing support should be a condition of sale, and unsupported templates should be removed, or a clear notice of NO SUPPORT PROVIDED should be put on the template listing.

In this particular case, where the fault lies really depends on who ultimately owns the template and is getting paid when it's sold.

• ButtersGamesButtersGames Member Posts: 8

There's no music in this template, you have to add your own. How far have you gotten with the that template? What ever happened to t-shirt booth?

@ButtersGames said:
    There's no music in this template, you have to add your own. How far have you gotten with the that template? What ever happened to t-shirt booth?

Yes, I've discovered that, and with a little guidance from GSHelper I've added my own music. I have gotten pretty far (thanks for asking), I've redesigned all levels (i.e. all graphics, actors, backgrounds etc.), and are about to add a chunk of 30 new ones.
    Unfortunately I have no information about t-shirt booth, but I figure he was a bit involved in Gamesalad before.

• ButtersGamesButtersGames Member Posts: 8

This is screenshot of what I did with it.

postimg.org/image/ezl9nn2tp/
    postimg.org/image/eqypos6ep/

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

Unfortunately I have no information about t-shirt booth, but I figure he was a bit involved in Gamesalad before.

T-shirt booth was a major contributor to GS some time ago. There are many tutorials he made on YouTube. He moved on to other things and not actively involved.