Application Loader Error

When I go to upload my app to iTunes Connect through the application loader I receive this error -

ERROR ITMS-90529: "Invalid package. Applications built with sdk 9.0 or later must be packaged as proper IPA files."

Even if I change the .zip to .ipa I still receive and error about not having a payload file. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Best Answer

Answers

• mastermindsmasterminds Member, PRO Posts: 44

I did what you said but gettin this error message: the ipa is invalid. it does not include a payload directory

• SnorkeliknipaSnorkeliknipa Member, PRO Posts: 4
    edited October 2015

did you solve it mike11dees? because it still doesn't work for me..

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183

i haved the same problem even with the payload folder, but i try it again with the folder named Payload, with the first letter capital and it works

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@hybrid said:
    i haved the same problem even with the payload folder, but i try it again with the folder named Payload, with the first letter capital and it works

Yes it is case sensitive.

• rvantilborgrvantilborg Member, PRO Posts: 185

true,forgot to mention that:)

• stefdelecstefdelec Member, PRO Posts: 146

Have you fixed it anyone?

• kpluongkpluong Member, PRO Posts: 11

This doesn't seem to work. I tried placing the app (both .app files and show content files - separately of course) in a folder called Payload. I then placed that in another folder called appname and zipped that. And then I changed the extension from .zip to .ipa, but it still says I need a Payload directory when I upload it.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited October 2015

@kpluong said:
    This doesn't seem to work. I tried placing the app (both .app files and show content files - separately of course) in a folder called Payload. I then placed that in another folder called appname and zipped that. And then I changed the extension from .zip to .ipa, but it still says I need a Payload directory when I upload it.

You don't need to do this anymore. See the release notes for 1.0

@QASalad said:
    After signing an iOS .app, Creator will now create an .ipa for you if you select "Publish" from the Congratulations! window.

• ParkGamesParkGames Member, PRO Posts: 117

Apple changing stuff around again! gingagaming works - hitting publish in the congratulations window gives you yourappname.ipa file that you can then upload to Apple ve Application Loader.