Sounds working on iPhone 5 not iPhone 6+

Hi, just doing some Ad Hoc tests on my app, everything works fine when on an iPhone 5 but when testing on an iPhone 6+ everything works fine accept sounds. The music still runs in the background but no sound effects are present.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot,
Jack.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2016

I'm seeing the same thing too . . . . ?

Sounds work fine in Creator, they also work fine when passed to GS Viewer on an iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad Air2 . . . but no sound when the project is passed to GS Viewer on an iPhone 6+

I've tried all the usual and obvious things, restarts, reinstalls, updates, new projects with a simple sound button, nothing helps, no sound on an iPhone 6+ . . .

iPhone 6+ is running iOS 9.2, tried GS Viewer 1.24.39 and GS Viewer 1.24.40.

And . . . No GameSalad games play sound on an iPhone 6+, if I download CREEPY by @BigDave or Get Fiquette @dimsdale (or any GS made game) from the App Store it's the same deal, no sound on an iPhone 6+.

@stevej
    @BlackCloakGS

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited January 2016

While we're at it: what happened to the broken splash screens on new iPhones. I don't have one to test it but I know there were problems a few weeks ago. Is this still the case?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2016

@stevej
    @BlackCloakGS

I've just presented myself the 'Idiot of the Week' trophy (I gave a moving acceptance speech).

I had the iPhone's ringer switch set to mute ! :| :*

But in my defence . . . this functionality does seem a little counterintuitive, I always see the ringer switch as being for muting the ringer rather than muting the audio, in fact when you engage the switch the screen says 'ringer + silent' indicating that the ringer (not the audio) has been muted . . . and - for example - if you have music playing or you are using an app like Garageband when engaging the ringer switch the audio doesn't mute or cut out, it carries on as normal . . . .

Anyhow, emergency over, carry on as normal, nothing to see here. :*

[shuffles off, embarrassed, but unharmed]