Mac Creator 1.23.1 is now available

2»

Comments

• een2drieeen2drie Member, PRO Posts: 30

@BlackCloakGS
    My app still got rejected by Apple because of the 2.31 error (desktop).
    I used mac creator 1.0 and dit not check the 'Uses Game Controllers' checkbox.
    So that should work.

It's still 'Bug 1401 - Rejected Mac App Reason 2.31' in the bug tracker.

greetings and good luck.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

send me a link to your app on our site an I will take a look

• KickingBehindsKickingBehinds Member, PRO Posts: 49

I've fully updated GameSalad, my iPhone, Xcode and I have downloaded the latest iOS GameSalad Viewer, however I cannot install the Viewer because it says my iPhone is "invalid" and says I need to update the software.

Anyone know why this is happening?

• KickingBehindsKickingBehinds Member, PRO Posts: 49

@ShoutingAtHorses said:
    I've fully updated GameSalad, my iPhone, Xcode and I have downloaded the latest iOS GameSalad Viewer, however I cannot install the Viewer because it says my iPhone is "invalid" and says I need to update the software.

Anyone know why this is happening?

I fixed the problem, I had to delete then reinstall Xcode, in case anyone else has this issue.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

The android viewer does not save and load attributes, but it works well with a published apk

• stannystanny Member Posts: 26

Anybody have trouble uploading the project to the publishing site? Mine is taking forever then timing out.

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188

Is this version compatible with Xcode 7.1? The reason I ask is because after updating GS, I updated Xcode to 7.1 and now get an "Operation_Failed" error in itunesconnect when trying to select new builds in testflight for internal testing. I'm pretty sure this is NOT a compatibility issue as many other people who don't use GS are experiencing the same problem and the problem occurs whether selecting new builds or old ones or even just trying to stop testing. But just thought I'd make sure. Thanks.

• PreschooluPreschoolu Member Posts: 52

Feature Request: Can you make sounds variable? We have over 200 sounds and i think the large actors with if statements slow down the app. Like Play Sound: (insert variable here) or Play Music: (insert variable here )Where are feature requests made anyway?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Preschoolu said:
    Where are feature requests made anyway?

In the Bugs database... I know, not exactly logical is it! :D

http://bugs.gamesalad.com

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited October 2015

@Preschoolu said:
    Feature Request: Can you make sounds variable? We have over 200 sounds and i think the large actors with if statements slow down the app. Like Play Sound: (insert variable here) or Play Music: (insert variable here )Where are feature requests made anyway?

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=205

There's already a feature request for that, you can vote for it. :)

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

@Hoodloc said:
    There's already a feature request for that, you can vote for it. :)

Yes, please do vote! I need this feature badly myself.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

Are loading time improvements still in the works?

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@supafly129 said:

We're always looking at performance, stability and optimization. Always. And there have been some very useful updates on this front recently, hopefully they will bear fruit for you guys in the next release.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited November 2015

@dgackey said:

@supafly129 said:

We're always looking at performance, stability and optimization. Always. And there have been some very useful updates on this front recently, hopefully they will bear fruit for you guys in the next release.

Do you know what you really make an enormous difference to GameSalad, it would be that windows don't reset themselves when you shift focus, for example if you were in a large 20k x 20k scene editing a bunch of actors in a certain area, you scrolled around to locate the actors, double clicked one of them, changed a couple of values, then returned to find you were back at 0,0 in the scene and so need to set off on the search/scrolling again to find the actors, double click one of them . . whoops, wrong one, go back, start scrolling again . . . and so on.

Or if you were looking through your layers, click on Scene, click on layers, scroll down to the relevant layer, open up that layer, scroll down to actor 42, double click and edit - hit preview . . . hmmmm, not bad, but you need to make a couple of further adjustments, but when you return to Scene > layers everything is closed back up again, so you scroll down to the right layer again, open it up, scroll down to actor 42 . . . etc

Same deal with rules, if you shift focus (and lets imagine you have a reasonably long set of rules) whilst looking at a rule buried somewhere down in the stack - and shifting focus here might be something as innocuous as previewing the changes you have just made to that rule - when you return you are put back at the top of the rules, so you have to scroll down and find your position again.

And so on, same deal with the Attributes window, Actors window, Images window (etc), they all reset themselves when you shift focus - and given that game making can very often be a process of numerous small iterations, testing and re-testing ideas and changes, this can often make for very slow progress with having to constantly keep scrolling back to the position you were previously.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

These things drive me nuts. Scroll scroll scroll, click and scroll scroll scroll........

Especially if you have a very large scene!!!!!

I know GS is torn in many directions. Fix the bugs, add this...........

It would be nice if a slot of resources could be planned for UI.

I know it won't happen. UI features will not attract new users. Doesn't generate a dime in new revenue for you. Expensive to fix. Its purely a christmas gift.

Do you know what you really make an enormous difference to GameSalad, it would be that windows don't reset themselves when you shift focus, for example if you were in a large 20k x 20k scene editing a bunch of actors in a certain area, you scrolled around to locate the actors, double clicked one of them, changed a couple of values, then returned to find you were back at 0,0 in the scene and so need to set off on the search/scrolling again to find the actors, double click one of them . . whoops, wrong one, go back, start scrolling again . . . and so on.

Or if you were looking through your layers, click on Scene, click on layers, scroll down to the relevant layer, open up that layer, scroll down to actor 42, double click and edit - hit preview . . . hmmmm, not bad, but you need to make a couple of further adjustments, but when you return to Scene > layers everything is closed back up again, so you scroll down to the right layer again, open it up, scroll down to actor 42 . . . etc

@Preschoolu said:

I absolutely need this, and have been waiting several years for it.

Please vote for the feature request (it's already fairly high on the list, but isn't being addressed).

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=205

Click on the VOTE text next to the field called IMPORTANCE.

edited November 2015

@gattoman said:
    I know it won't happen. UI features will not attract new users. Doesn't generate a dime in new revenue for you. Expensive to fix. Its purely a christmas gift.

I think almost the opposite ! :) A more friendly/usable UI/UX would likely have an immediate impact on a new user's perception of GameSalad. I agree it's not a headline 'feature', but If someone can be made to feel comfortable using the software in the trial period I'd say that would add significantly to the likelihood of them sticking with it.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
    edited November 2015

UI/UX improvements are absolutely not things we take lightly or dismiss, believe it or not. Most of us here are veteran game developers and the things you mention drive us bananas. And they make for a poor new user experience, which is hugely important to us.

It's all just a matter of priority and trying to stay balanced.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

On the note of Usability, I've posted a list of my Usability Suggestions here, which I think would make using Game Salad much nicer. I've added priorities to each one, with the top few being my big ones I'd love to see.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/89974/usability-suggestions-a-list-of-things-to-make-game-salad-way-better-to-use-all-the-time?new=1

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

I totally understand. Many demands with limited resources and time........

Thank-you

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited November 2015

@Hymloe said:
    @Preschoolu said:
    Feature Request: Can you make sounds variable?

Click on the VOTE text next to the field called IMPORTANCE.

Done! ;)

@dgackey said:
    UI/UX improvements are absolutely not things we take lightly or dismiss, believe it or not. Most of us here are veteran game developers and the things you mention drive us bananas. And they make for a poor new user experience, which is hugely important to us.

Good to know it's at least on the radar ! :)

@dgackey said:

Awesome, great to hear.

There's a few that are especially un-optimal, specifically the way the user has to scroll down and find attributes in the Expression-editor-popup manually by hand. Very slow and un-optimal. An auto-complete feature where you start typing the thing you're looking for would be so great.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

Anyone else notice that the scrolling is a bit weird in this latest version? It used to be possible to swipe up and down on the touch pad on the Mac and the logic on screen would scroll smoothly until it stopped with gentle motion. Now it feels like the scrolling slows down abruptly and it does not feel good like it used to...

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@dgackey said:

Man, I'd kill for a sweet redesign with the fixes listed above. A darker UI (like Adobe products) would be amazing. The current white design when I open my project in the middle of the night leaves me like:

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

controlling some attributes of an actor from outside would be great , like the windows version , to access size,position and rotation by just clicking on the actor.

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

One thing to note is that we've been spending a lot of time recently optimizing scene loading code. Lots of improvements coming there! Likely in 1.25 -- although some are coming in 1.24 (like fixes to the engine unload / reloading images stupidly on scene change).

Good times to come and lots of cycles being spent speeding up that stuff. Lots!

It'd be good to get Play Sound supporting the use of Expressions to select the sound by name (as one can currently do to set the Image of an actor, using Change Attribute and an Expression to select the image name).

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@CodeWizard said:
    One thing to note is that we've been spending a lot of time recently optimizing scene loading code. Lots of improvements coming there! Likely in 1.25 -- although some are coming in 1.24 (like fixes to the engine unload / reloading images stupidly on scene change).

Awesome!

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@CodeWizard said:

Don't play with my feelings:/ I'm waiting for it for a long time.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze