Error ITMS in Application Loader when trying to upload game

So when i am trying to upload my game to iTunes Connect through Application Loader , these errors occur :
1.ERROR ITMS-90179: "Invalid Code Signing. The executable 'TheBall.app/TheBall' must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile."

2.ERROR ITMS-90529: "Invalid package. Applications built with sdk 9.0 or later must be packaged as proper IPA files."

I don't really understand what the second error is about.
Help please?

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

You need to zip the file and then change .zip to .IPA

• tsw38tsw38 Member, PRO Posts: 22

@Lost_Oasis_Games okay, so i changed it to .ipa and a new error pops up ...

ERROR ITMS-90072: "The IPA is invalid. It does not include a Payload directory."

• BellowBellow Bartender Member, PRO Posts: 227
    edited November 2015

Just drag your app to iTunes from your computer then from your iTunes and my app's drag that to your computer screen. You will take ipa version of your game.

• weblantisweblantis Member, PRO Posts: 114

Easier is to click the "Publish" button from the Congratulations! window that pops up. This will generate the *.ipa file for you and this one worked!

Oh yes it is like the old testflight method. Put the file in a folder marked Payload be sure capital P zip that and change to .ipa or as has been said click publish from the finish scene but if you want to avoid republishing do the previous.

• tsw38tsw38 Member, PRO Posts: 22

@weblantis said:
    Easier is to click the "Publish" button from the Congratulations! window that pops up. This will generate the *.ipa file for you and this one worked!

it helped me ! Thanks !
    And thanks to @Lost_Oasis_Games and @Bellow for wiling to help ! Cheers !

• iKandyiKandy Imagineer of Crazy Shit New York CityMember Posts: 310

I'm getting this error too. I clicked the "publish" button from the Congratulations window and it generated the IPA. I delivered the IPA and got the error. The certificate and provisioning profile seem to be paired up correctly. What gives?

Check for duplicates and also make sure Xcode is current.

Xcode is current and I deleted all duplicates in the keychain. I then deleted all provisioning profiles and generated a new one paired with the current certificate. I also double checked the bundle identifier to make sure it's correct. Nothing seems to work.

Have you refreshed Xcode open preferences and under account make sure you refresh profiles.

Yeah, I did all that. It seems to create more duplicate profiles when I refresh. Then I go into keychain and delete the duplicates. Then I am able to publish an .ipa When I deliver to Apple it tells me the certificate and profile don't pair up. Very frustrating.

You need to go on your developer account and delete the duplicates there.

There are no duplicates in my developer account either.

I keep going around in circles, deleting duplicates. Renewing my developer certificate. Generating a new provisioning profile, etc.

So I deleted ALL my provisioning profiles for the app. I tried to publish and it said "no provisioning profiles available." Then I made a new provisioning profile and downloaded it, once again it said there are duplicates.

This is driving me crazy.

It's like I have a "ghost provisioning profile." Gamesalad is allowing me to sign the app, but when I upload to Apple is says "missing code-signing certificate." When I download the provisioning profile then Gamesalad says there are duplicate provisioning profiles. This is CRAZY.

edited May 2016

Check to see if you have two copies of Xcode, I remeber someone had an issue like this and that was their issue. They ended up having to contact apple support. I've run out of ideas of what it could be.

Nope- I only have one Xcode.

So I NUKED all my provisioning profiles for EVERYTHING on the member center, in Xcode and Keychain.

I did a test and tried to code-sign the app and it told me NO PROFILES AVAILABLE.

So I created a brand new distribution certificate and a brand new provisioning profile and tried to sign it....... and once again.....CODE SIGNING ERROR- Duplicate certificates!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR this sucks

@iKandy said:
    Nope- I only have one Xcode.

So I NUKED all my provisioning profiles for EVERYTHING on the member center, in Xcode and Keychain.

I did a test and tried to code-sign the app and it told me NO PROFILES AVAILABLE.

So I created a brand new distribution certificate and a brand new provisioning profile and tried to sign it....... and once again.....CODE SIGNING ERROR- Duplicate certificates!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR this sucks

Contact apple support, it's part of the fee you pay to be an apple developer.

Yup. I've been on the phone with them.