SUPER WEIRD funky jittery gameplay in Creator preview and when published on device

kevin.taylorkevin.taylor Member, PRO Posts: 2

Not entirely sure if this is a bug in GS or something wrong with my code.

My game has 3 levels: Easy, Medium, and Hard that are all accessed from a Start screen.

Chapter 1: JITTER BEGINS
I first noticed this when I would try to preview the Hard level from the Creator screen being on that scene (ie. WITHOUT accessing it from the Start screen in Preview mode). The problem would go away if I previewed from the Start screen and clicked into the Hard level.

When this build was published, the gameplay on my device was normal.

Chapter 2: BUGGY KNIGHT
A couple builds later, the jittery preview began happening regardless of where I started my preview (ie. if I clicked 'Preview' from the Hard scene it would be jittery, and when I clicked 'Preview' from the Start screen and then clicked into the Hard scene it would likewise be jittery.

When this build was published, the gameplay on my device was normal.

Chapter 3: BUGGY KNIGHT RISES
A couple more builds after the last, the jittery preview was happening on Easy (no longer on Hard), and it was happening regardless of where I began the Preview.

When this build was published, the gameplay on my device on the devices of testers was jittery on Easy.

One tester uninstalled, and then reinstalled, and the problem disappeared.

A fix on that version on my device: Uninstall, clear my memory cache, reinstall fixed the problem.

Chapter 4: BUG VS. ANOTHER DEVELOPER
Another developer opened my game file on his machine, and the jittery preview was happening on ALL levels (Easy, Medium, AND Hard) regardless of where he began the 'Preview.'

**** VIDEO TO SHOW YOU WHAT IS HAPPENING: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8y0NheDEO43ck9wSWF0cXU4UUk/view?usp=sharing *********

1. Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. Any ideas on the cause?
  3. Any advice on a fix?

Thanks all!

Comments