How is the Android lag issue coming along?

Just curious to know if the new Android lag issue will be fixed prior to the Holiday break. My app uses custom scrolling to swipe through my scene. As you know, things have gotten very glitchy in Android with the newest "custom polygon shapes" update. I have an update which has been on hold since last Friday. How soon can we expect this to be worked out?

Thank you,

Plucked Studios

Comments

• wilsongaluchowilsongalucho Member Posts: 180

oH so is this the reason my app is running slow too?!?! hmm

Do you know if the lag only occurs when exported from Windows? or will it lag on Androids if exported from Macs too? @Plucked Studios

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

If you absolutely must publish soon, do so from 1.23.1.

If your file can't open from there, you could try opening from an early version like 13.40, BUT make sure you are not using any new features from 1.23.1 and above such as custom collisions, as the file could lose some data. But if you are using the same stuff as before the updates, there should be little risk. Remember to backup before trying this.

You have to open and save on an older version of windows creator before going back to a mac, use bootcamp if you don't have a computer with windows.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,073

You can also target an older version, if you can't downgrade Creator, by uploading manually on the publishing portfolio page and entering the version number you want to target. As long as you don't depend on any features newer than the release, you should be good.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited November 2015

@adent42 said:
    You can also target an older version, ...

Really Awesome tip presented in an understated way!

It's a bit like aliens plonking homo sapiens down on earth, letting them muck about in the cold,
    and only 200 000 years later telling them "you know, you can make fire".

:D

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@adent42 said:
    You can also target an older version, if you can't downgrade Creator, by uploading manually on the publishing portfolio page and entering the version number you want to target. As long as you don't depend on any features newer than the release, you should be good.

Well that's nifty.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188

Are your other staff aware of this? I asked tech support specifically how to downgrade and there is a lot of discussion in the 1.24 hot fix thread and this never came up.

• Machinist AppsMachinist Apps Member, PRO Posts: 65

@Franto said:
    If you absolutely must publish soon, do so from 1.23.1.

If your file can't open from there, you could try opening from an early version like 13.40, BUT make sure you are not using any new features from 1.23.1 and above such as custom collisions, as the file could lose some data. But if you are using the same stuff as before the updates, there should be little risk. Remember to backup before trying this.

You have to open and save on an older version of windows creator before going back to a mac, use bootcamp if you don't have a computer with windows.

I'm a Windows user. Is there a way to go back to 1.23.1? I don't see any old windows versions on the download page.

Me Neither to revert... I had to revert to 1.23, but I couldn't upload to portfolio because it would save automatically as a 12.4... so what I had to do was to EDIT the 2000 or so .XML files.. (not manually of course) I used Note++ to change the version in the.xml.. luckily my Mac creator version was still on 1.23.. so after changing and saving the 2000 .XMLs I managed to open on 1.23 on the Mac and upload a version onto my portfolio. All of this because the 1.24 of my game was lagging a lot more..

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188
    edited November 2015

@wilsongalucho Did you try manually dragging and dropping your project file onto the portfolio page and typing the engine version into the popup? That didn't work for me- the resulting APK crashed. But I would be interested to hear if it works for other people.

EDIT: Has anyone tried this and gotten it to work?

No I haven't tried this method, will check tomorrow.

edited November 2015

I'm back working on 1.24 custom collisions saved my app actually! But I did manage to upload the zip project file to the New Game Square on Portfolio. However it did crash but I think its because I used the new collisions and I kept the version 13.3 on the dialog box pop up

Is this lag occurring because of the Custom Collisions? @Plucked Studios

• Machinist AppsMachinist Apps Member, PRO Posts: 65

@wilsongalucho - The lag started when they implemented the Box2D physics engine.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

GS always had box2d. The lag started when they updated to the newest version of box2d. They said they will be working this weekend to try and get to the bottom of it. These things take time be patient.

• http_gamesaladhttp_gamesalad Member Posts: 1,340

@adent42 How would I do this? I can't figure it out.. I went to the publishing page and I've been trying to look for away to downgrade it to V 1.23.1