Moving from one point to another.*Updated

anthonymtaraanthonymtara Member Posts: 4
edited December 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

If I have three points A,B,C and the player begins at A how do i make it so the player has to get to point B before they can move to point C?
The player is moving in a straight line with points arranged in a line.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You'll need to provide more details than that. How is the player moving? In straight lines, freely in 360°? Are the points in a line or arranged randomly?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

Make some booleans. game.AReached, game.BReached, game.CReached. Then, add three actors, a, b, and c. In the a actor, make a rule that says: when collides with player :do: change attribute game.AReached true. Then make all your rules that need game.AReached true. In the b actor, make a rule that says: when collides with player :do: change attribute game.BReached to true. Then make all your rules that need game.AReached true. Then, do the same as the other two with c. Make sure to put actor a where the player starts. This is what I'm understanding you need.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@anthonymtara said:

If I have three points A,B,C and the player begins at A how do i make it so the player has to get to point B before they can move to point C?
    The player is moving in a straight line with points arranged in a line

If the points are arranged in a line - A - B - C - then you won't have to do anything as the player will necessarily pass through B before reaching C.