Can someone give feedback for my 2d game idea?

Working Title: Paranormal Maze (working title)
Genre: 2D
Theme: Horror, maze, puzzle
Visual Style: Creepy maze, realistic textures

Gameplay elements/mechanics:

Torch:
Torch system, my game might include torch as a light, which will follow player all the time with transparent hole inside black background.

Moving enemies:
Enemy will move very fast in special direction where player might be, using interpolates position

Health system of character:
When playable character will collide with enemy/ghost, player will die. Simply health system, 1 hit = death

Moving platforms/walls:
Walls/platforms will change direction; left, right, up, down every 20sec to give right direction so player can enter new level, which doors will be hided

Jump scare system:
Each completed level, player can be scared from jump scare I'll try to create, so if player complete 1 level, new scene will show with big scary face and scream sound

Speed potion:
Special potion will spawn after killing big ghost, which will increase player speed

Attack system:
Player can kill ghost by collide with them from behind

Playable character:
Character will have basic w, s, a, d movement, it will collide with walls/platforms so player cannot move through walls/platforms. Character will have basic light so player can’t see full map and where enemy is located.

NPC:
Ghosts moving in different direction where player might be, enemies will have ability to kill player when collide with special speed so it’s hard to escape.

Objectives/Goal:
Objective of this game will be to don't get possessed by demons/ghosts that need your soul to survive and find hided doors for new level

Premise/Story: You are closed in psychiatric maze hospital where possessed ghosts need your soul to survive. You have been chosen to get possessed by mysterious demon which they are trapped in maze you're now in.
Unique Feature: Light system so player cannot see all map where ghosts are located. Scare system which will scare player playing the game while entering next level also on game over

Additionaly can you complete this survey? (5min) http://surveynuts.com/surveys/take?id=48576&c=529672721FPJH

Comments

• Games4lifeGames4life Member, PRO Posts: 279

To be honest, I think it all depends if you like and your gonna have fun building the app.

Cheers,
    ~G4L

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

It's really hard to tell from a text description whether a game's going to be good or not (Angry Birds: "fire birds at pigs and knock stuff over" . . . Pacman: go around a maze and eat stuff), a lot of it is in the execution, in the visual style and sound and animation and the 'weight' and feel of the controls and the timing, and the humour and music and all the little details.

“Ideas represent one tiny percentage of your game. It’s not the core. It’s only a spark—a source of motivation to make you sit down and work in front of your computer.” -Lach, Co-Founder of Berzerk Studio

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/issues/issue_221/6582-Why-Your-Game-Idea-Sucks

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/128569/Opinion_No_One_Cares_About_Your_Cool_Game_Idea.php

http://www.bgdf.com/node/17118

• drizzlingdrizzling Member, PRO Posts: 101
    edited December 2015

@tomciomalina

The jump scare system is hilarious!!!! Absolutely creative! I would download just to scare my friend :D ..

Ask them play a simple level.. Dun tell them theres jump scare.. Then alas!! waahhhhhhaaa

Actually..you can just create a app wif this feature.. Can trend on fb

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited December 2015

@tomciomalina said:

Jump scare system:
    Each completed level, player can be scared from jump scare I'll try to create, so if player complete 1 level, new scene will show with big scary face and scream sound

Couldn't disagree more with @drizzling here.

Jump scares are the cheapest, most annoying, primitive, stupid thing you can do. Whether in games, flash videos, movies etc.

There is absolutely no artistry to them. Instead try to build up a tense atmosphere throughout, something that will keep the players on edge -- in the gameplay, environment.