Creepy is live on Google Play / Amazon Appstore

BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

Its time to get your fingers ready (no official punch line)
Creepy just went live on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore, which is nice.

Here's the trailer that has been voted to remain naked.
But before the game links.

Cheerio,
David

Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.secretpotion.curvey

Amazon Appstore:
http://www.amazon.de/David-Zobrist-Creepy/dp/B018SOAV5I/

Comments

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

Awesome @BigDave ! Like always goodluck with the sales. When is the iOS version coming?

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

Yes! You are awesome!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

@Approw
    apple says creepy has to be age 12+ instead 8 - so a couple of days more as expected.
    I guess they are critical with gun games - they were more tolerant with swords.
    But should be live on iOS also this week.

@jdlcrater

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Very nice game! It's challenging, but not too hard. I like it!

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

I'm a total broken record on this, Dave, but any plans for gamepad support and maybe getting that on Fire TV / other future joystick-capable platforms?

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

edited December 2015

Thank you @dgackey
    I did not yet do any Fire Tv Apps/Games, would be no problem to dive in but I am not sure if its worth it, since I do not know the actual market situation. Hmm..

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

It's not so much that I am talking about the Fire TV here, more about getting devs thinking more about controller+screen mindset. Whenever I see a game with a virtual d-pad, I think "I hope they set that up for controller, it would take about 10 minutes to do"

Of course the Fire is a nice device, but there are other platforms on the way that will benefit considerably from having a good controller scheme ;)

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

@BigDave said:
    The iOS Version just went live 2 hours ago! So have fun let me know what you think.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/creepy/id914258511?mt=8

Awesome! Downloading now :)

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Played the first two levels. Love it! :) Leaving a App Store review later

@Dues thank you bro
    Yeah level 3 has a big difficulty peak at the point you drop down into the action.
    I hope enough can make it past that point. Always tricky to find the balance of too hard vs "I can do that next time!"

@BigDave I played it on my iPhone and I really like it! However I want to give you some pointers to give it a better game feel, you can ignore them, but this is what I would have done.

• Make the bullets bigger and let them fade to alpha 0 right before they destroy.
    • Add good looking screenshakes
    • Let the hero change its direction when B is pressed. It is very frustrating when you need to block bullets, lift the shield, and then turn to shoot an enemy on the other side, rather than being able to move freely at all times.
    • Make the enemy bullets a little bit slower, it feels like it is a little bit unbalanced right now.
  • pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Agrese with @Approw on pretty much all points, that would alleviate some of the difficulty spikes!

@Approw and @pHghost , I see no problem with the game balance right now. It is hard enough that I haven't even finished it yet! But, it is still easy enough that it is easy to finish. @BigDave , I also wouldn't disregard ANY criticism. I think the game is PERFECTLY balanced. The shield is good.

@jdlcrater im not saying that the game is unbalanced at all. Im saying that the enemy bullets go a little bit to fast which is causing frustration with the shield. I just give some good criticism, I dont mean it in a bad way. I believe that game controls must feel like an extension of your mind. I dont want to think: oh crap I forgot I cant turn while holding the shield, and then die because of that. With that said its up to the developer who made, and I respect @BigDave a lot!

haha don't worry guys. I love to hear that kind of feedback.
    Also nice that the balance worked out for you @jdlcrater
    always nice to hear both sides

some good points @Approw
    specialy the one with changing the shield direction while blocking. I already have that in my new game with similar controls.

i made a screenshot of your post on my desktop so once i decide to update i consider each point and will re-check if I agree or disagree with the specific points once more.

Ah. @Approw that would be useful. I misread your statement. I thought you said that when you press the shield button that it should point to the direction that the bullet is coming from. I'm sorry :mrgreen: I agree about the bullets the should fade fully then die. The enemy bullets... Eh. I think they are okay. And screenshakes would be cool when you get hit. If that is what Approw means.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

Left you a 5 star review mate :)

Made a quick update for the game based on the feedback here and back at home from friends and family. Changes are live for the google play and Amazon version and will be live middle January for iOS, as soon they are working again.

Game Balance Changes:
    +You can now change the block direction while blocking
    +Enemy Fire Spitter projectile speed reduced by 8%
    +Level 3: Difficult situation after dropping down made easier
    Visual tweaks:
    +Player Bullets fade out 0.2 seconds later now.

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

@BigDave Awesome job with the game. The visual direction you went with is really fitting. It does really well to present the game's atmosphere.

Have you set up a controller? As @dgackey said, it's super quick.

What I do is just set the button actors to "any" instead of "all", and add "when key is pressed" alongside the touch condition, so that doing either works. I use a bluetooth controller to play some platformer games on my android device, which comes with a stand so I don't have to hold it. But you could also just have a single actor that manages gamepad presses.

Although, you don't have to fill it out the entire thing, just any relevant buttons. I have mines set up to match the standard steam "aswd" keyboard controls for fighting games, but using the keyboard presses to act as gamepad buttons. That way, I cover the game for both bluetooth keyboards and gamepads on a device.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Amazing, Dave! Love your games!

since creepy only got 350 downloads in almost 3 weeks I gonna also upload the second trailer and see the effect of this one. As I think the voice and esthetic taste is a generation thing and teens are the key generation to drive sales.

Creepy Game Trailer 2

lets see

Personally, I must say the update with the voices destroyed the game for me. If I were playing it now, definitely on mute. The atmosphere is gone.

Maybe include a possibility to turn the voices off in the options?

Have the new video and voices affected your downloads in any way?

How did you do video ads?

@pHghost so nothing dramatically happened by adding them.
    I got some feedback that it appears to be off higher quality special because the female voice gives some drama to it, as well I realised less people failing on the first enemy spawner as they get tips and the goal by her to defeat it.

I am not 100% happy with creepys voice and behaviour either but its hard to nail it down.
    As a further update I already wrote down the point to get sure the voice cool down between attack samples and block samples should be shared, as he right now could double talk over his own words.

The video ads didn't create a click or install at all, regarding to Chartboost I just bet to less to be shown, even with raising it to $0.30 even tough it says the minimum is $0.01.
    Also they kept referring that an install right now costs around $2.50 but that would be another campaign so he might just have not been sure himself why it wouldn't run.

I took the remaining $100 and created another campaign an interstitial one this time.
    Bidding $0.50 for an install right now. Definitely again way under what he suggest for this type of campaign. But I just wanna see if I can get a download here and there for that price range.

If that all doesn't work I might just go big play and pay the $2.50 for an install since I did not find a way to transfer the $100 back to my main balance. And I also wonder how much impact such installs have, how much can bring me a "quality user", would it effect my ARPU calculation or is it the same.

• OrvilFoxOrvilFox Member Posts: 67

I got to say the trailers looks awesome!
    Maybe more advertising on the social networks should help with downloads but the game itself looks great. :)

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

Game looks good from the trailer – doesn't appear in the Apple App store Australia though. Why so?

edited January 2016

@monkeyboy simian
    "they" are against me.. its funny my girl friend just mentioned the same in the moment I wrote this, she searched david zobrist tough.

i have no clue the overall visibility of the game in store is pretty bad
    I tried to make it work with some prMac and posts etc.

• Pineal GamingPineal Gaming Member, PRO Posts: 12

Love the use of simple graphics and good sound effects!

@Pineal Gaming
    thanks I saw your rating too thanks!

it got its first in-app sale, to remove ads, u choose 3 prices
    the player just took the highest, thank you(who ever)!

Still thinking for this one app to make 1/2 of the game free and the in-app a requirement to play the rest of the levels, instead of having this remove ad /donation approach.