"HEIST" - Mr Fiquette is BACK!!!

dimsdaledimsdale Member, PRO Posts: 495
edited December 2015 in Announce Your Game!

Well, this is the result of a really crapy year. Starting with a Divorce (she left me for another woman!?), then dealing with a suicide attempt and last week loosing my job of 9 yrs. Well, on the positive, I had some spare time to finish is baby off. But this may also be my last published Project until I can find a new income. I had planned to get so much more done this year.

So, Please give "HEIST" a spin, it's FREE and if you could, leave a honest review on the appropriate store page.
Any feed back is most welcomed here too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dkugm.MrFiquetteLCD
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1032956767

[

Thanks to everyone here for your help on the forums. You guys make GameSalad a joy to work with.

Comments

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

Wow, sorry to hear all of this. I am a huge fan of Get Fiquette, I thought it was a masterpiece.

• skottskott Member Posts: 172

Wow, this bring back memories. I like it :)

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Sorry to hear that. Your games have always been a joy to play and I'm sure this one will be no different. Love the art! Will download and review.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@dimsdale Wow that must have been a really rough year for you, I'm really sorry to hear that. I had something similar but not as bad as your situation, try to keep positive:)!!
    I really like the idea of playing with Fiquette on a tiger like handheld device, I will give it a go and leave a review!

In the mean time, watch this video. The nerd hates tiger electronic games, but it might just cheer you up;)

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Sorry to hear all the bad news, I think bad year is putting it mildly! Love the look of the game though, I'm old enough to have played games like that first hand so this looks awesome. Going to check it out for sure.

Best of luck in 2016, things HAVE to get better!

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

Yeah your year was crap. I will download and leave a review......

Too bad she didn't take my wife with her.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

Great game. I love those old games.
    Good luck in the new year.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Toughen up and move on to bigger and better things. Go out, breathe some fresh air and screw everything that moves and has 2 legs (thats what i did). Head up brother.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited December 2015

@dimsdale said:
    Well, this is the result of a really crapy year. Starting with a Divorce (she left me for another woman!?), then dealing with a suicide attempt and last week loosing my job of 9 yrs. Well, on the positive, I had some spare time to finish is baby off. But this may also be my last published Project until I can find a new income. I had planned to get so much more done this year.

Damn ! I though I was having a difficult year (dropped a boiled egg on my foot mid June, made a couple of basic trigonometry mistakes in early September), I think you are underselling it with 'crapy year', sounds like a lot of trouble to me !

I really doubt you'll struggle too long to find a new income considering the talents (both technical and aesthetic) it takes to piece together (and deliver!) an app like Fiquette - and the majority of the skills are highly transferable to other areas.

• dimsdaledimsdale Member, PRO Posts: 495

Thanks for all the kind words people. I probably should have left out the life rant :) Just loosing my job this time of year really topped it off.

May the Force be with you all

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

@Dimsdale,

Don't worry about the life rant. Sometimes it's nice to have a chance to vent a bit. And hang in there, man. Trust me when I say that everyone has sh*t to deal with. As I've already said here in the forum, "when going through hell, keep walking".

As for the game, I love the LCD concept. I've toyed with the idea of doing something in that vein, a la Game & Watch. The fact that the phone has no physical buttons lends itself to this concept pretty well. And the beeping sounds... everything about this app is nice and cohesive.

Regards,
    Marcos

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

Installed it on my phone. This game is awesome! Had me grinning even before pressing start.

I do have one suggestion for an eventual update. Keep the score displayed until a new game is started; I knew what the score on my first game was because it was the high score.

• MoikMoik Member, PRO Posts: 257
    edited December 2015

@dimsdale I grabbed it for my iPod and showed it around to some of my more design-oriented and retro-game oriented co-workers. It got a consistent thumbs up. The one that usually nitpicks the most just smiled and said 'it's so nostalgic' then cranked the volume. After a bit he said it would be cool if there was a line of these games.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

LOVE THIS! Any game that can take me back to feeling like a 10 year-old playing a favorite game is a winner in my book.

Please keep making games! :)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

thanks @mhedges thats a good idea. i plan to have achievements too and want to rework how the coin pick system times out.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited December 2015

$380... gonna see if I can beat that.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited December 2015

Version 1.3 - Has been Released on the Google Store.

I added Achievement Save Point Badges
    You Unlock badges at $100, $300, $600.
    Once unlocked, you can press the Badge to Start the game off from the score shown on it.
    Also fixed a few Bugs and enhanced the Face Plate graphics.

You can grab it from:-
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dkugm.MrFiquetteLCD

iOS build has been submitted, just have to wait now.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

5 star review left mate, good luck

@jay2dx Wow, thanks so much man!!

HAVE A MERRY HEIST'Y XMAS ALL. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEAR!!

edited July 2022

Oh Dear. I didn't realize this was 7yrs old already. Where did time go?

This was more a getting back into GameSalad development exercise. A little update, get IAP working, Game Center LeaderBoards, Updating for the larger new phone full screens. All leading up to the release of Get Fiquette 3.

If I could ask a favor, could someone please send me some screen shots of it running on an iPad?

Only available on iOS at the moment sorry. (Old version still on the Google Store)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/heist-22/id1605872657

Please be a sweetheart and leave a review if you download it it.

Thank you

https://www.dkugm.com

Undated to Version 2.5.

Added a second "Game B mode". Has more Game Centre leaderboards. I think it works on iPad, Apple passed it, no idea what it really looks like :). Added Instruction Videos for each mode. A stats screen and more!! And a "Share" to social media button. lol. Anyways, to move onto something new.

Thanks for all the help from the forums.

Grab the game here from the App Store (Note:- Android Version not updated sorry):-

https://onelink.to/88putx