"play" only shows initial scene

I'm having a problem testing scenes with the "play" button. For some reason if I create more than 1 scene, it only previews the initial scene. ie. When I select any additional scenes from the library, they are displayed in the stage window and I'm able to work on them, but when I press "play" to test them, it always shows a preview of the initial scene that I created.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• passmitspassmits Member, PRO Posts: 26

Did you made buttons on the first scene with: 'When touch is pressed change scene'?

edited December 2015

@MH81 said:
    When I select any additional scenes from the library, they are displayed in the stage window and I'm able to work on them, but when I press "play" to test them, it always shows a preview of the initial scene that I created.

This is normal. When you preview your game you alwasy start at the initial scene. It's the same as starting it on a phone. When you want to change the scene you have to write the code 'change scene'

• MH81MH81 Member Posts: 6

I see. Thanks for the reply. However, what if I made, say, 20 levels and just wanted to test the last level. Is there no way for me to test the last level without having to go through all the previous levels first?

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

If you open the scene you want in creator and then hit preview, it should preview the selected scene.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

@NipaGames said:
    If you open the scene you want in creator and then hit preview, it should preview the selected scene.

Yes, that's exactly what it does in the tutorial I'm watching, however it doesn't work for me. Regardless of what scene I have open, when I hit preview it always shows the initial scene.

• wilsongaluchowilsongalucho Member Posts: 180

Windows usually starts on the first scene, mac starts on the selected scene.

• @MH81 Hi!! > @MH81 said:

I see. Thanks for the reply. However, what if I made, say, 20 levels and just wanted to test the last level. Is there no way for me to test the last level without having to go through all the previous levels first?

You are the creator of this game so you can do anything even create a cheat for yourself like create a button for yourself and put a rule that if click on it you can goto 18 level or 20. I do it myself to avoid going through all levels

• @MH81 said:
    I'm having a problem testing scenes with the "play" button. For some reason if I create more than 1 scene, it only previews the initial scene. ie. When I select any additional scenes from the library, they are displayed in the stage window and I'm able to work on them, but when I press "play" to test them, it always shows a preview of the initial scene that I created.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

You need to create a rule like in initial screen when you complete a level or a rule goto next scene..

@wilsongalucho said:
    Windows usually starts on the first scene, mac starts on the selected scene.

The tutorial I'm watching is using a mac, so that would explain it then. I thought I was going mental. Still, seem as odd thing to exclude for PC. I guess I'll have to make a button to skip forward manually, which is kind of odd.

Thanks though :smile:

@Nabbo said:
    You need to create a rule like in initial screen when you complete a level or a rule goto next scene..

Yeah, I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thanks for the reply

edited December 2015

@MH81 said:
    A whole story...

Or you can place your scene you want to see first above in the scenes menu. The game doesn't usually start at the initial scene, it starts with the scene on top of the other scenes

Yes! Thanks passmits. That seems to be the easiest solution for now.

@MH81 said:
    Yes! Thanks passmits. That seems to be the easiest solution for now.

Glad I could help you!

This discussion can be closed now, how do you do that? :)

• GS has turned into trash since they decided to close the version! now i have to pay for a license in order to use this software fulled of bugs and problems? please