One year of publishing later / reflection

mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCSMember Posts: 634

To all,

As the last hours of the year soldier on, I wanted to share some thoughts now before getting tangled up with other things to do.

On 12/31/2014 my first app was approved and ready for download at the Apple App Store! Since then, I've managed to publish seven apps on the Apple App Store, and published about four of those plus an Android-only app on Google Play. Efforts to continue porting apps to Android have been paused, pending performance issues, hopefully solved with a future GSC release. I haven't made any real efforts to promote the apps, other than announcing them here, and on hofo and toucharcade. I'll put more effort into that when my app quality improves. I was also to publish two more apps before year's end, but life has a habit of getting in the way...

It was an interesting year for GS, with changes at the helm and the enactment of new management strategies. While not without certain controversy, I personally feel there has been positive momentum, as we've seen Creator evolve from beta stage, and more frequent updates have served to improve reliability and usability.

The forum has seen old members leave and new ones join, not to take their place, but to make their own mark. This means that contributions to the forum are a function of who leaves and who joins. After all, despite GSC's ease of use, there is a learning curve. So I suggest to all reading and participating, maintaining the forum active.

And to conclude, I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year. May 2016 bring you much love, joy and happiness (as well as improved coding skills :D ). Remember to step away from the keyboard for a while and share with your loved ones as well; that's what really counts, as this thing called life is precious and fragile, and goes by quicker with each passing year.

To quote Sir Winston Churchill (not the first time quoting him in the forum): “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

See you on the other side,
Marcos

Comments