What do you do when your app is, "Waiting in Review"?

Games4lifeGames4life Member, PRO Posts: 279

Hi GS Community,

I would first off like to thank ALL of the many GameSalad Users that have me only on Year 1 of my game salad journey. It took nearly a year a to learn all the quirks to make my FIRST game! I finally submitted my app for review and was wondering a fun question...

What do you do when you are waiting for your app to get approved?
Ex: Sit on my couch biting my nails, look at the clock, prepare for the next update...
I would like to hear your input!

Happy new year,
~G4L

Comments

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

I always have 3-4 apps on the go. So just work on one of the others when I'm waiting.
    Beer sounds good too.
    Norm

• Talk about your game! Get there word out there. Go to the Touch Arcade forums. Interact with people who review your kind of games. Gotta start preparing now or otherwise it will release and nobody will know about it.

• Games4lifeGames4life Member, PRO Posts: 279

@RossmanBrothersGames said:
    Talk about your game! Get there word out there. Go to the Touch Arcade forums. Interact with people who review your kind of games. Gotta start preparing now or otherwise it will release and nobody will know about it.

So even though it hasn't been approved yet, Still get the word out there?

Anyone else?

@PixelPun said:
    Start on your next game :)

What about advertising or the next update?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Each person does different things. If you want to promote your game do it. There is no set way. If you want to do an update do one. Or maybe study game marketing then you can develop a strategy.

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Each person does different things. If you want to promote your game do it. There is no set way. If you want to do an update do one. Or maybe study game marketing then you can develop a strategy.

Ahh, cool! Thanks for the tips!

~G4L

• JScottJScott Member Posts: 143

I like to run up my Visa while I wait for the cheques to role in!

• mshuraih mshuraih Member, PRO Posts: 179

I would try to publish on android and amazon .. because you can get it out there quick within few hours ..second which is important is for your to learn how to publish on different platforms ..and more over once you have it out on google play you can start talking about your game and showing it off to people .. and that will keep you busy till you hear from apple :)

@mshuraih said:
    I would try to publish on android and amazon .. because you can get it out there quick within few hours ..second which is important is for your to learn how to publish on different platforms ..and more over once you have it out on google play you can start talking about your game and showing it off to people .. and that will keep you busy till you hear from apple :)

Oh that makes sense. Thanks!