Art design sizing questions

ingamezingamez Member, PRO Posts: 41

Hello everyone, I will try and explain this as best as possible.

I am looking to make character sprites (4 sides) but I can't seem to make characters sizes the same so it gives the movement and nice smooth, realistic look when moving.

Checkout this link!
http://learn.gamesalad.com/course/the-absolute-beginners-guide-to-gamesalad/?action=curriculum

In this link if you go to ABGG: 14 Animate the submarine is the same in all the animation images and it moves smoothly when tested, it looks as if the submarine is bobbing up and down slightly giving it a realistic feel as well.

Anyone have any tips about this question?

Answers

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

If I understand correctly, your animation is shaky. Most likely, you aren't making your image files the same pixel dimensions. All of your animation frames (image files) need to be exactly the same. So if you have something visual that takes up 80x40 pixels and then your next frame shows something that only takes up 60x40 pixels, both of those image files need to be 80x40. The second one will just have an extra 20 pixels of transparent space.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ingamezingamez Member, PRO Posts: 41

I used paint to create a character draft and I can't seem to get them exactly the same is my issue. So when I loop the two images it looks like the character is skipping. Any other good programs to use for drawing?

• ingamezingamez Member, PRO Posts: 41

Are there any programs that I can export current images to from paint?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@ludauti said:
    Are there any programs that I can export current images to from paint?

Are you on a Mac or a PC?

What program are you using to paint your graphics (I assume they are bitmaps)?

What file formats can you export your graphics as: GIF, JPG, PNG, etc?

If you answer these questions, I may be able to make useful suggestions if your on a Mac.

Someone else may help if you are on a PC.