Bug in GS?

KIIVIINKIIVIIN Member Posts: 159

Hello,

It seems like GS in windows have some bugs or I dont know.
My game works fine sometimes and sometimes its like the actors in lables get dissabled?

Well I dont know what it is but maybe you got more people having this issue?
All works great sometimes and without changing code it just fails.

Ex.

Bounce on lable ground. It stays on it and sometimes it just falls right trough without changing code.

/ Regards

Comments

• KIIVIINKIIVIIN Member Posts: 159

I got one more example.
    I have a really simple "If collide with player then destroy" and it does not destroy when it did before without changing code. I deleted all from scene and added it again and still same. Worked like 1 min before and again same.. why is that??
    :/

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

I'm pretty sure it's an error in your rules.

Are the rules in the actors prototypes, or have you unlocked any actors and set up the rules in a specific instance?

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

@NipaGames said:
    I'm pretty sure it's an error in your rules.

Are the rules in the actors prototypes, or have you unlocked any actors and set up the rules in a specific instance?

Well, Im pritty sure my rules are not false since the only rule I got in the actor is "destroy when collide with player".

And I didnt change that actor and still its not working sometimes :/
    The rules are direct in the actor and not in the prototype.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@ervin.veisz said:
    I got one more example.
    I have a really simple "If collide with player then destroy" and it does not destroy when it did before without changing code. I deleted all from scene and added it again and still same. Worked like 1 min before and again same.. why is that??

You need to show your code (for all the actors involved) for people to have any chance of helping you resolve the issue.

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

A wild guess but is your actor going very fast? It might miss the collision sometimes. Let it go slower and see if it still occurs.

@Socks said:

@ervin.veisz said:
    I got one more example.

You need to show your code (for all the actors involved) for people to have any chance of helping you resolve the issue.

I just did...
    Its simple as I wrote it to be.

Also one question. I added a "ground" actor with an image set to tile.
    Adding it to the screen its visible but when I play the game its invisible but still there since I collide with it. Why is that?

@ervin.veisz said:

@Socks said:

@ervin.veisz said:
    I got one more example.

I just did...

You should show a screenshot of the rules so we can see exactly how they are set up.

Mental Donkey Games

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2016

@ervin.veisz said:
    I just did...

Your whole project consists of one actor with the single rule 'If collide with player then destroy' ?

@ervin.veisz said:
    Also one question. I added a "ground" actor with an image set to tile.
    Adding it to the screen its visible but when I play the game its invisible but still there since I collide with it. Why is that?

Again, you are asking people to literally make guesses about your project and how it is set up, describing the problem without showing the code that creates the problem turns a straightforward question into a guessing game.

@NipaGames said:

@ervin.veisz said:

@Socks said:

@ervin.veisz said:
    I got one more example.

I just did...

You should show a screenshot of the rules so we can see exactly how they are set up.

The Platform actor is under the lable ground in actors.
    In the Player the rule Collide "Bounce when collide with tag ground" is active.
    And here is the picture of the tile settings, keep in mind that the tag is ground on this picture.

my player bounces on the platform as it should but the platform is transparent...
    If I remove the wrap setting for the grafics then the platform is visible when I play.

http://imgur.com/YIJQEuD

And yes, I can see the platform in development mode, only when I play its invisible

Your tile widht and height are set to 0. Set them to the size you want one tile to be.

Mental Donkey Games

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188

Just a guess, but did you make sure both actors are on scrollable layers? If you try to have collisions between actors on scrollable and non-scrollable layers, you will get both false-positive and false-negative collisions.

@NipaGames said:
    Your tile widht and height are set to 0. Set them to the size you want one tile to be.

Oh wow I feel stupid. Thank you man! <3

@Agent Argyle said:
    Just a guess, but did you make sure both actors are on scrollable layers? If you try to have collisions between actors on scrollable and non-scrollable layers, you will get both false-positive and false-negative collisions.

That part is checked. But it wotks now. Thank you!!!!