Making an animation problems

digitalzerodigitalzero Member, BASIC Posts: 639

So this is a problem I'm having... I have a cut scene in my game and it's going to be animated and i have change image and animate behaviors and timers but I'm sure I'm not doing something right because it will sometimes revert back to the initial image from way earlier and sometimes it works... I have attached the rules i have placed in the actor so you can all see my thought process when it comes to everything...

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

How are you wanting the animation to work? That is, what do you expect at each time marker (e.g. after 0 seconds, after 3 seconds, after 4 seconds, etc.)? What would a timeline of the correct animation look like?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• digitalzerodigitalzero Member, BASIC Posts: 639

It would look like an animation of a girl crying then looks and then stand and rush towards the bear giving him a hug then seeing an enemy and beating the

Nevermind i think using the animation and not just the change image

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I find it difficult to figure out what you want those rules to do without the information I asked but it sounds like you figured out another method...?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited January 2016

Not sure if it's still an issue but in past animation behavior was one second or so off so frames are delayed, and wrong image is shown. I submitted a bug on this but was told in end thats how it works, anyway to fix just add the first frame of your animation as a change image just before your animation start and that should fix.

You might also want to uncheck restore image.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

thanks so much you guys... yeah i figured it out ;)

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@digitalzero said:
    thanks so much you guys... yeah i figured it out ;)

Screenshot:

Shift + Command + 4. ...
    Press the space bar
    Click on the window you want to capture
    This will produce a PNG for you and place it on the desktop.

;)

thank so much @Socks im not really a mac user myself so i didnt know how to do that when it came to working with a mac lol