Seeking alpha testers

ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703
edited January 2016 in Miscellaneous

Hi fellow game dev's,

We were working on a big game called The legend of Dutchman's Gold, but the development is on hold right now due to graphics issues and funding delay. We really need the new render filter in order to make the game run smooth, so if we continue like this we will need to re export all the art into native 8bit resolution files, redo all the dimensions an rules in the game because we also want the resolution to match the size of the art, so this will be a waste of time to continue at the moment.

Anyways, we experimented with different types of mechanics and ideas, and so we started a new game. We would love to hear from you what you think about the concept, what works and doesn't work, and what we can improve. Right now the game is in a very early alpha stage, and we want the core game mechanics to be perfect before we start adding more content, this is why we need you!

In short:

Current name: Fisherman's Oath
The game is about a fisherman, looking for his friend. Its not fast paced, but more a relaxing kind of game. The gameplay is very simple and minimalistic, don't expect FEZ 2 (I can't tell a lot more because we aren't looking for copycats at the moment, the selected testers will know of course). We dig beautiful game experiences. Monument valley, Alto's Adventure, and Super Brothers Sword and Sorcery are big inspirations for us. So expect some immersive graphics!

Your feedback will count, so we only look for serious alpha testers (if you only play ketchapp and flappy bird types of games, please don't bother signing up). Later on as the game development will progress, you will most probably get an invitation to test the beta's and the final game release. You will also get a credit inside the game itself.

If you're interested, send us an email with your apple account email to my partner aiman@windmillstudios.co
Please mention your gamesalad forum name in the email, and tell us why you want to beta test our game. You will get notified if you are selected. The first private alpha version will most probably go live within a month.

We're looking forward to get in touch with you.

Matthias

Comments

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

Let me guess: its action + puzzle platform game. Collect things and solve puzzles.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@Clock Wrong, why would you even give a comment like that?

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

Because you mention some puzzle games in the post. What is wrong with my comments?