App rejected for the 3rd time because of Advertising Identifier

Hi,
I tried to publish my app to the appstore three time but every time apple reject it and tell me this:
We found that your app uses the Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, section 3.3.12 of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement states:

"You and Your Applications (and any third party with whom you have contracted to serve advertising) may use the Advertising Identifier, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier, only for the purpose of serving advertising. If a user resets the Advertising Identifier, then You agree not to combine, correlate, link or otherwise associate, either directly or indirectly, the prior Advertising Identifier and any derived information with the reset Advertising Identifier."

Note: iAd does not use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the Advertising Identifier. Therefore they are not required for iAd implementations and should not be included in your app for iAd support.

If your app is serving ads, please:

• Ensure that you have tested your app on a device, not just the simulator, and that you have removed all previous versions of your app prior to testing

• Provide us the steps to locate ads in your app

If your app does not serve ads, please check your code - including any third-party libraries - to remove any instances of:

class: ASIdentifierManager
selector: advertisingIdentifier
framework: AdSupport.framework

If you are planning to incorporate ads in a future version, please remove the Advertising Identifier from your app until you have included ad functionality.

To help locate the Advertising Identifier, use the “nm” tool. For information on the “nm” tool, please see the nm man page.

If you do not have access to the libraries' source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using the "strings" or "otool" command line tools. The "strings" tool lists the methods that the library calls, and "otool -ov" will list the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.

I know for sure that my app uses Ads and the working...
What I'm doing wrong??

Thanks!

Comments

• illaciaerikillaciaerik Member, PRO Posts: 26

I got the same rejection on my first uploaded game. The game only uses iAd-banners but I had forgot to uncheck the "enable ads"-box that appears autoaticly checked in all change scene and reset scene behaviors.

Also when you publish the game make sure you check the right type of ads.

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

@illaciaerik said:
    I got the same rejection on my first uploaded game. The game only uses iAd-banners but I had forgot to uncheck the "enable ads"-box that appears autoaticly checked in all change scene and reset scene behaviors.

Also when you publish the game make sure you check the right type of ads.

Thanks for your answer
    My game is using iAd-banners too and I want to use the ads when you change scene
    When I send my game to review I checked all the check boxs.. I don't understand why theyou didn't approve it...

• illaciaerikillaciaerik Member, PRO Posts: 26

When you publish a game here on game salad. You will get a few alternatives regarding ads. ONLY check the boxes that you have ads for. iAd, play haven etc. I think the in between scenes are play haven.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

you will not have to check IDFA at all if you use iAD
    only if you have external ad partners like chartboost,admob,rev mob..

So if you only use iAD do not check IDFA
    and it will be approved.

• thejmac2011thejmac2011 Member Posts: 6

I am getting this exact problem for two apps and I am not using iAds. I am using Revmob and I have the appropriate boxes checked in the publisher. But both apps keep getting rejected by Apple stating that ads cannot be found in my game. I'm doing exactly the same thing I have done for all of my other apps and I've never had an issue. This has to be a change either on the part of GameSalad or Apple.

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    edited February 2016

@thejmac2011 Have you explained to the Apple reviewer where the adverts should appear in the game? Have you fully tested that the ads actually appear in a test build, testing multiple times? If so, you should be able to take a screen shot showing the ad in place.

I've had the same issue, which was resolved by telling them exactly where the ads appear, and supplying screenshots to back it up. I get the impression that they test it once, and if the ads aren't immediately visible, they reject the app. Sometimes it can be an issue of the ad network not supplying an advert when they run the game... so really, the game needs to be run a few times to guarantee an advert showing up. I don't think they really play the games when it goes through Apple approval... So if you've got interstitials that are displayed every 5 plays or so, they might not get to the point where the game has been played enough to trigger the advert.

So yup... Test and make sure the ads are working, then reply to the rejection with exact details of the ad placement, frequency, how they're triggered and with screenshot evidence and you should get the issue resolved.