Creating profiles etc. and publishing

Hello.
I am kinda new to GS and this is my first forum post, and i am not even sure if this is the right category to post it in.
But i have a question as i got an idea about an app i want to build, but i am not sure if GS is the right choice.
Atm i have very little experience with coding and using a "Drag and drop app maker" seems like the fastest and easiest way to go. So the question i am asking is; is it possible to make a business app with GS, where people can make their own profile? The idea is to make an app to make it easier to rent out apartments, and by doing so, poeple have to make a profile and publish a picture / description of their apartment.

If GS is not the way to go, is there any other app maker programs that can be used, or should i just go learn coding? (Got 10-12 books about coding, but havent had the time to start on them as i've been working alot.)

Any help is appriciated!

• Remi

Comments

• crestwoodgamescrestwoodgames Member Posts: 191

If you can't code but want to make a game, Game Salad is for you. You will still need to learn logic flow. But, you are in luck!!

People in this community have put together a LOT of videos. I would suggest you start with reading the cookbooks, watch a lot of videos, and then start simple.

Not sure what kind of business app you plan to make, so it is hard to tell.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    edited January 2016

GS is mainly a game maker...however through certain methods, possible work around a some app that are not games may be built just the same. I would suggest writing down all of the features you want in your app...and search the forums for previous topics...dive into GS and employ the features.

As of now I don't believe there is any way to allow a user to import images of apartments...houses or even items to be sold or rented from the app itself. They seem pretty strict on certain features GS will have and many of those are still being waited on. Not to steer anyone away from GS as it has some great features and "easy" to make games...but apps your referring too sound more like a language Swift would be used to build. There are also certain users in the forums who do more than just GS...but it's not the best practice to solicit that sort of thing through the forums...as the forums are generally for GameSalad related topics. Tread cautiously so not to break any forum rules and you may find what your looking for.
    Mthanks for visiting and good luck.

• rr-ventrr-vent Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the answers! GS might not be the way to go with my business app, but im doing the cookbook turtorials to learn how to make games now, seems like a fun thing to do now as i've quit WoW and need something else to fill my time with.