Releasing an App for someone

Hi there, I've built a game for someone. Im not quite sure how to release it -

do i need their member centre details and create provisional profiles etc for them??

Comments

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Sarahbush said:
    Hi there, I've built a game for someone. Im not quite sure how to release it -

do i need their member centre details and create provisional profiles etc for them??

I presume it was done on a "work for hire" basis for a fee, so the client owns the copyright on the game and all the content, and the client collects the revenue? Is that so?

It would be best for you if the client had their own developer account, in their name or their business name, to keep your affairs separate. You can still set it up for them and submit to iTunes or Google Play etc. using their logins and charge for doing so.

If there are any issues down the track with the content in their app, your accounts won't be jeopardised or affected.

If you are sharing the revenue or you get a cut instead of a flat fee, just have a separate agreement covering the arrangement.

• SarahbushSarahbush Member, PRO Posts: 55

Thanks :) yes thats correct - its in their name - i thought thats what id have to do but just wanted to check if there was any other way.
    Thanks again :)