Sounds terrible..

smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

"The folder sounds doesn't exist.." is what games salad is telling me..

Why not? I tried to upload my program to the website and its all gone..

I tried deleting the sounds and uploading them again but when i drop the file in GS there is an asset missing icon?!

Please help..

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I'm a little confused about what you're trying to do but it sounds like you have an incomplete file. Do you have a backup you can restore from?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Luckily I did had a previous version.

I opened up the contents of the GS file & copied the sound folder from the old, to the newer version.

I then re-installed the sound samples & the new file worked again.. Though i'm still no wiser as too why uploading my game corrupted the file on my computer?!

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It's really unlikely that that's what caused the problem with your file. I'm an IT professional so I actually have some knowledge about this sort of thing. If you saved the file to a cloud-based service such as Dropbox or Google Drive or any sort of network file server, this can happen. If not, it's hard to say. Perhaps you moved the file while saving it or renamed it without a filename extension or moved folders out of the project folder? Those are guesses, of course... the main thing is that you had a backup!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

No cloud based complications.

But yes the backup saved me (a hard lesson I learned a long time ago (more than once))