Actor/device rotation help needed please.

RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Just wondered if anyone could help me achieve this?

I want to have lots of small actors meandering around the screen like little ants for example (I think I can achieve this bit).

The bit I am struggling with is this; If someone rotates their device, I want all the little ants to remain in position as if the ants are locked to world space not local phone space. Hope this makes sense.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited February 2016

Do you want the scene to change to mode? Like from portrait to landscape? You can lock the scene orientation in the scene attributes tab. Need more detail as to what is moving when you rotate the device or what exactly you want to accomplish. If you just want the scene not to adjust when you rotate the device be sure to check the proper mode in the scene attributes on all scenes. Remember the current viewer doesn't keep orientation locked but a fix is coming for this.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

I want the phone and scene to stay in portrait mode but I want all the little actors to hold their position as the device is rotated. Exactly the same as if you were using the Google Sky app and looking at the stars, as you rotate your device the stars stay locked in position.

Can anyone offer any pointers? I'm still scratching my head with this challenge! :/

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@strag said:
    Can anyone offer any pointers? I'm still scratching my head with this challenge! :/

Rotate the camera the opposite way to the device's change in rotation.

@Socks Not exactly what I mean unfortunately.

I want to somehow link the accelerometer output to get smooth analogue type movement as the device is rotated. Any ideas of the maths needed to implement this?