Roadmap

imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

So, if there any chance this could be updated again?

https://gamesalad.com/creator/roadmap

I like getting the regular updates from the forums, but it'd be a lot simpler to see what the long term priorities are for the software if the roadmap was a bit more up to date.

Or, you know, maybe take it down - doesn't look great having a roadmap that hasn't been updated in basically a year.

Comments

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

@imjustmike said:
    So, if there any chance this could be updated again?

https://gamesalad.com/creator/roadmap

I like getting the regular updates from the forums, but it'd be a lot simpler to see what the long term priorities are for the software if the roadmap was a bit more up to date.

Or, you know, maybe take it down - doesn't look great having a roadmap that hasn't been updated in basically a year.

I've already requested that a few months ago. But I got the notion that it's not a priority.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

We've been asking for a roadmap update for weeks/months/years. I wouldn't hold your breath, to be honest.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited February 2016

I'll throw my voice in for an updated roadmap too. Although I don't expect it to happen any time soon. I guess we sorta know the roadmap anyway.

1. Custom fonts and bug fixes next.
    2. Windows .exe support coming soon. ™
    3. Probably something ad network related.

Done.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    edited February 2016

I was just looking at the roadmap yesterday.... definitely either needs updating or just removing completely, as like you said, its not been updated for over a year, and doesn't look good.

On a positive note, theres a few things on it that have now been implemented, but theres also stuff that doesn't seem to have been started. Apparently though the team are hard at work on a new game engine though, called Graphene :)

So yup... lots has changed in that year, but someone seems to have forgotten that the very outdated roadmap is still there...

edit: dang... I was trying to save my 1000th post for something exciting... :(

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    I'll throw my voice in for an updated roadmap too. Although I don't expect it to happen any time soon. I guess we sorta know the roadmap anyway.

1. Custom fonts and bug fixes next.
    2. Windows .exe support coming soon. ™
    3. Probably something ad network related.

The current is:

1. Custom fonts and bug fixes.
    2. Video reward ads.

Both are announced for 1.25!