I want my actor to change directions at an exact point, but it always changes a few pixels off.

I need an actor to switch directions at an exact location, but when I play it, the actor always changes directions 3 pixels above the point I set. I can't just adjust it 3 pixels because I have a lot of instances where this will happen in different directions and it always changes a little.

How can I make it do EXACTLY what I want?

Comments

• mikefilippimikefilippi Member, PRO Posts: 18

So, it seems when I set the velocity really slow it works okay, but I want the velocity at 100, and it doesn't want to work.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

I cannot explain the engine but actors that move very fast have difficulty detecting collisions etc.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited February 2016

Without knowing how you're moving the actor (e.g. Change Velocity, Move, Move To, Interpolate, etc.) and how you're determining that it should stop or change directions, it's hard to know what might be causing this. Can you provide more details or a screenshot of your rules?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User