Lost Media

hey folks, I seem to have a problem with my media. I haven't moved any of it or anything but when I start up my project it say it cant find it and I have to reload particular media. This is problematic because some of that media now needs to replaced in a pretty finished game and it is media that is EVERYWHERE. Any idea whats causing this? BTW, using GS on PC.

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Even if you move the location of the project itself it can break the link. It's always good to do a save as and start working off that. As when we work we continually overwrite the file, this can lead to fragmentation.

• RCT_GamesRCT_Games Member, PRO Posts: 97

Have you uploaded to gamesalad yet? You could always grab a older version off your game history.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@Lost_Oasis_Games I didn't move at all. I actually save as, as you've mentioned above and version after even incremental changes. Essentially it seems that when I saved it didn't save all the media files. I've fixed simply by copying and pasting the same media files from an earlier version. It worked fine after that.