Interesting Sound Issue in Gamesalad.

If this is not allowed in the forums and needs to be put as a bug report, I apologize and I will do that. I just found this very interesting and weird. So in the game I'm developing, I have a specific alarm sound. It's actually a Apple stock sound (I think it may be from iLife, don't remember). This is separate from the default alarm sound you usually hear on your iPhone when an alarm goes off. I drag it into my sounds/music area on Gamesalad, and I have an object play it. The funny thing is, is the object plays the correct sound when in a scene, but when I click on the sound in the library, it plays the iPhone alarm sound. I do remember I think placing that sound into my library at some point, and I checked my sounds folder in the project files and deleted them. I also changed the original alarm's file type, which was originally a .caf, to a .mp3. I placed it back into the library, and I have the same result. The name of the alarm sound is "alarm", so I tried changing it to "alarm02" and it fixed the problem, but "alarm" still plays the wrong sound in the library, but not in the scene, despite the iPhone alarm sound not even being in the sounds folder as far as I know. It's kind of a specific issue, but has anyone ever encountered a similar scenario?

Having trouble with your game? Sounds like a personal problem.

Comments