Changing attribute to exact value

Matti91Matti91 Member, PRO Posts: 14
edited February 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and having a lot of fun with GS and learing a lot every day. Although I do have a question I hope someone can help me with.

Is it possible to change an attribute to an exact value? I know how to change an attribute to "some attribute"+1, +2, -1, -2 etc. But it is possible to change it to an exact number?

The reason for this is in my game you can buy some visual upgrades in the shop. If I set an attribute to be like.. If "attribute" is equal to 1, the color of the main actor will change to red. If the attribute is 0 it will be the standard color. 3 another color etc.

The visuals can be equiped/unequiped as people like, so I need to change it to an exact number. Cause unless people upgrade the things in the exact same order (which they dont) the +1 -1 system won't work.

I hope this is understandable, help appriciated.

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Type in the value you want , change attribute to 1 , change attribute to 2 change attribute to 3 , did you test it ?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Matti91Matti91 Member, PRO Posts: 14

Man I feel so stupid now. Haha. You're absolutely right. Why didn't I think of this? I tend to make things complicated when the answer is just too simple to think off. Thanks :D This may be closed.

This discussion has been closed.