help needed for actor movement

Computer: Apple iMac

As you all know, I have a new game called Pong King up on the Arcade. The thing is though, you might be experiencing a problem. After game over and going back to the background color select, and choosing, you cannot click the play button because the actor is moving as your mouse is, which is not supposed to happen! Any help?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

No ideas without seeing your rules for movement and for clicking the play button.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• DeadpoolBro13DeadpoolBro13 Member Posts: 82

@tatiang said:
    No ideas without seeing your rules for movement and for clicking the play button.

I have a rule saying that if touch is pressed on the play button and if the attribute of game.In_Play is false, It changes the image to the red ball which works fine.

Now for the paddle, if game.In_Play is true, it constrains the attribute from self.position.X to min(max( game.Mouse.Position.X ,30),290). Then under and not in this rule, I constrain the attribute from self.position.Y to 25. It works fine but doesn't after Game Over happens once. Then, when you choose a new color for the background, it won't allow you to click on play and the paddle just moves as your mouse does.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Does it have to do with not resetting the value of game.In_Play back to false when you start a new game again? Or possibly another attribute (in a rule condition) that isn't being reset?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    Does it have to do with not resetting the value of game.In_Play back to false when you start a new game again? Or possibly another attribute (in a rule condition) that isn't being reset?

I used a tutorial but I added the background scene myself. So there might be a problem there.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

It would greatly help if we could see a picture of your rule(s) in your play button actor. I assume, as @tatiang has already mentioned, that there is an attribute that is not reset when the game ends, thus not allowing the rule to fire.

@Braydon_SFX said:
    It would greatly help if we could see a picture of your rule(s) in your play button actor. I assume, as @tatiang has already mentioned, that there is an attribute that is not reset when the game ends, thus not allowing the rule to fire.

i do not know how to post pictures on the forums

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited February 2016

@DeadpoolBro13 said:

@Braydon_SFX said:

Click on the page icon, browse and locate the picture and upload.

@Braydon_SFX said:

@DeadpoolBro13 said:

@Braydon_SFX said:

Click on the page icon, browse and locate the picture and upload.

thx i wll l8r