Head banging stuff this rotating..

smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

An actor of mine rotations to -30, but then it flicks to 330.

How can i stop this as it leaves me unable to use the interpolate behaviour to get back to 0 degrees nicely.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

"Flicks to 330” could mean anything. Same deal with 'rotates to -30', this could be indicative of a hundred situations, maybe you are constraining an attribute that decreases in value and the angle of an actor is constrained to that attribute, maybe you are using rotate to angle or interpolate or a timer that increments the angle every o.2 seconds using a change attribute behaviour or maybe you're are changing the angular velocity attribute's value (etc etc).

Basically you are saying 'I have some rules / behaviours and I'm not going to tell you what they are, but they are not producing the result I need, can you take a look at this information I've kept hidden and see if you can see any oversights' :p

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570
    edited February 2016

Lol. I have an actor that I interpolated to -30 degrees, he gets there fine. But it's rotation is 330 instead of -30. I'll can post a file if it's still unclear what I'm babbling about..

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

The actors "rotation" attribute is an angle attribute, so it only goes from 0 to 360.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Nice one, okay.

But how can we get past the 0 degree is 360 barrier?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited February 2016

So if you are rotating something back and forth the key is the first rotation will be a real angle the second number will be a + or - . Rotate starts at 0. Rotate to 30 degrees and then when rotation = 30 rotate to self.rotation -30 this will bring you backwards to 0 or if you put -40 will bring you backwards to 350 degrees.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited February 2016

//