Viewer not viewing..

If I try to preview a game i'm making (in gamesalad viewer) and it works on iOS but it won't load onto my android device.

Does this mean I will have trouble getting it to work through Google play?

Comments

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

Can you be a little more specific about what the problem is?

Are you running Creator on Mac or Windows? The troubleshooting steps are different for each.
    Does Creator not see the Android device? What kind of device is it? Are you using wifi or usb to try and connect to the device?
    What are the steps you're taking and the results you're seeing?

If you're in doubt you can always just publish your game and generate an apk to put on the device and see how it works.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570
    edited March 2016

Sorry. Mac. wifi. It sees the device but the loading bar doesn't move when you send the game.. The APK doesn't work either as its unsigned..

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Just sign the apk and side load it on your device. Do you have the android SDK installed on your computer?

Not yet. Do you know any good (up to date) tutorials please?

Yes the cookbook has the details for installing the android SDK. You need that installed to use the android viewer and to sign and apk.

Cheers fella, i'll head there now..

Boom. This forum rocks..

One question though. Are most of you running a licence per game or just using the same licence for all your games?

Most apk can be done with one keystore. It's all I use. It's not like iOS. For Amazon most people let Amazon sign it as it gives better protection for having your game ripped off.