What Are The Known/Existing Table Bugs On GameSalad Arcade?

KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
edited March 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hi,

Firstly I want to apologize for only spending about 5 minutes searching the forums and the bug tracker site.

Are there still known and existing problems with tables when viewing a build on GameSalad Arcade? Do certain functions cause problems like tableColNumber() etc.? I do remember seeing a lot of messages in the past about table problems in a HTML build but not sure if they've all been fixed by the GS team since then.

I published a project on the GameSalad Arcade yesterday to show someone and what works fine in the Creator was totally broken in the Arcade version and the problem was related to tables. I didn't waste time trying to debug it (that's quite hard to do when you can't view table data while a game is running). I haven't tried it on a device via the viewer yet either but will do soon.

If it is just a HTML export problem then that's a relief, although that kind of makes the basic accounts even more basic as we can't publish games that do certain things with tables.

Unfortunately I can't really explain the problem easily in text but it's like it's not reading or saving the table properly. I do use functions like tableColNumber and tableRowNumber. I haven't tried it without using these yet. Like I say it works as expected in the Creator.

Thanks

Kevin

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Last I saw, tableSearch doesn't work properly, particularly with notexact, doing something like "change table value row 1 column 1 to tableCellValue(table,1,1)+1" doesn't work. There was a bug with tableColSum but I think that got fixed.

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

@Armelline said:
    Last I saw, tableSearch doesn't work properly, particularly with notexact, doing something like "change table value row 1 column 1 to tableCellValue(table,1,1)+1" doesn't work. There was a bug with tableColSum but I think that got fixed.

Thanks for replying. I'm not doing either of those though. I'm using "Change Table Value", tableCellValue(), and tableColNumber(), tableRowNumber(). I'll amend it by removing the last two functions to see if that makes a difference

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@KevinCross said:
    I'm using "Change Table Value", tableCellValue()

Are you changing a table value with reference to another table cell/itself? That was the biggest and most annoying bug. No idea if they fixed it.

No I was doing something like this:

Table Name: Movement Steps
    Row: game.movementSteps - 1 (it's never 0)
    Column: tableColNumber(Movement Steps, "X") = self.Position.X
    ... and a few more columns in the same way

I went with tableColNumber because I know I'm going to need to have to add more columns over time so didn't want to have to change the column numbers throughout the code manually each time

Well this is embarrassing! It would appear that I was fibbing when I said this:

Row: game.movementSteps - 1 (it's never 0)

It was 0 the first movement. I thought I'd catered for it never being a zero as it worked fine in Creator.

I do need to look at the previous table cell so have kept it as game.movementSteps - 1, but now it definitely doesn't check row 0.

I need to rethink that part in the future but for now it's working on GameSalad Arcade. So it's not a table bug.

Sorry peeps!