Forget Pong King! Infinite is what's hot right now!

I am proud to announce that after the mild success of Pong King, I am releasing a new endless runner game called Infinite in the GameSalad Arcade. If you liked Punch Quest or Temple Run 2 and maybe even Geometry Dash, this is the perfect game for you. Notice: Level 1: Feel the Breeze is the only level you can currently play. The next update will feature Level 2: Flow Fun!

I hope you guys like the game! I am open to any constructive criticism or reviews. Suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• DeadpoolBro13DeadpoolBro13 Member Posts: 82

Also, thank you, Jamie Cross! Your Endless Runner V2 helped me make this game!

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It's a good start to a game. I would suggest changing the jumping height to reflect how long the touch has been held down.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    It's a good start to a game. I would suggest changing the jumping height to reflect how long the touch has been held down.

Thanks. I will try considering your suggestion.

• DevirosDeviros Member, PRO Posts: 87

Ladies and gents, I believe we have all the signs of a fledgling troll here.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

"Mild success". Love your enthusiasm.
    You have a nice little game started here. Perhaps a Bing or woosh sound when you jump. A ding sound when you get a prize?

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

@Deviros said:

What do you mean? Deadpool13 is a game making machine!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

I think just making any type of game even if its short and pushing it out there is considered a success, you actually did something , its just that gamesalad makes it so easy , that we might not look at it this way. But @DeadpoolBro13 is doing a good job , I think he just needs to spend a bit more time with small details cause they matter , then release it to the public , like sound effects , adding images, particle effects maybe . What I can tell is that this one is better than the earlier game. Wish you the best and have fun making more games

• Terrellort_GamingTerrellort_Gaming Member Posts: 93

Very good game!!! Please release on IOS!!

@Deviros said:

I don't get it. I am improving with the help of this amazing community!

@gattoman said:
    "Mild success". Love your enthusiasm.
    You have a nice little game started here. Perhaps a Bing or woosh sound when you jump. A ding sound when you get a prize?

Thanks!> @gattoman said:

@Deviros said:

What do you mean? Deadpool13 is a game making machine!

I'm no machine! But thanks

@Icebox said:
    I think just making any type of game even if its short and pushing it out there is considered a success, you actually did something , its just that gamesalad makes it so easy , that we might not look at it this way. But @DeadpoolBro13 is doing a good job , I think he just needs to spend a bit more time with small details cause they matter , then release it to the public , like sound effects , adding images, particle effects maybe . What I can tell is that this one is better than the earlier game. Wish you the best and have fun making more games

Yah You are right. Thank you so much, man!

@Terrellort_Gaming said:
    Very good game!!! Please release on IOS!!

I will!

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

Unlike Pong King this one plays quite well and has the making of a good game once you tart it up a bit and add more. The design itself isn't too bad and works well as a cube instead of a full animated character, it just needs a little polish.

One thing though your description and title both suggest an endless runner game but you've created and are creating levels so isn't endless

If you do create an endless running game, and not levels, you will need to keep in mind how you spawn platforms and traps. They need to be spawned at the right distance that they're possible to jump over and land safely. You don't want to spawn 6 traps next to each other that's impossible to jump, traps right after a lava pit jump, or a lava pit too big to jump etc.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • Terrellort_GamingTerrellort_Gaming Member Posts: 93

Make level 2!!!

@KevinCross said:
    Unlike Pong King this one plays quite well and has the making of a good game once you tart it up a bit and add more. The design itself isn't too bad and works well as a cube instead of a full animated character, it just needs a little polish.

One thing though your description and title both suggest an endless runner game but you've created and are creating levels so isn't endless

If you do create an endless running game, and not levels, you will need to keep in mind how you spawn platforms and traps. They need to be spawned at the right distance that they're possible to jump over and land safely. You don't want to spawn 6 traps next to each other that's impossible to jump, traps right after a lava pit jump, or a lava pit too big to jump etc.

Thanks so much I will consider everything.

@jamie_c said:
    @DeadpoolBro13, looking good. I'm glad my tutorial helped you.

@jamie_c said:

@jamie_c said:

@jamie_c said:

@jamie_c said:

@jamie_c said:

@jamie_c said:
    @DeadpoolBro13, Hey I only said that once! ;)

Haha. I'm using an iPhone 6 in an area with very bad wifi so it's taking long to old and I'm an impatient person