Google Adwords

So i currently have three simple games out on Android,

"The Rocket Game" free with advertising & one IAP for shields & no ads
"Don't Eat My Cheese', $0.99
"Frustratio", $0.99

Mainly doing experiments for advertising I'm using Adwords. I put a budget up of $50.40/day with a $0.60 bid per install (84 installs before the ad pauses) for each of the paid games and a budget of $1 with a bid of $0.01 per click for the free one. So my total daily budget $101.40.

Last night the ads went crazy for the paid ones. Its up to almost 500k impressions, 4000 clicks, my youtube videos are showing 100+ views overnight each.

This all sounds well and good except according to their stats and google developer console i have 0 downloads and conversions.

Whats happening? I'm getting nervous that i misunderstood the install bit because adwords says my cost is about $99 but nobody has installed my games. I'm hoping the data for installs/conversions is just delayed.

Yes i know this bid strategy only nets me about a dime per install but like i said its an experiment and who knows
100,000 * $0.10 is not a bad take for games i made in my free time. But at this point i'd be happy with one install lol.

Comments

• RocketBrainRocketBrain Member, PRO Posts: 269

I'm starting to suspect i misunderstood the bid per install.

• MoikMoik Member, PRO Posts: 257

How would you describe the issue with bid per install? Like, what should we be wary of based on what you're seeing?

well it doesnt look like i'm getting any downloads. I was under the impression that the bid per install is quite literally we don't pay unless the person installs the app.

Ok so i called Adwords support and had to berate my way past their first line of defense. That person barely understood english. I got to a "boss" and explained the situation. she says i was being charged on a Charge per click basis. I said but i selected Charge Per Aquisition and she said that i shouldnt have been able to select that unless i had met a minimum number of conversions while on the CPC. So....yeah. They're supposedly going to call me back when they figure out what happened. They better not f*ing charge me CPC.