Ads Suddenly Stopped Showing in Game

jaredmancusojaredmancuso Member, PRO Posts: 3

Hey everybody!

So my game was running just fine for a while but as of the last week or so, all ads have stopped showing up on both the Android and iOS versions.

I have 2 separate parts of my game where ads should show. One when the game is paused, which triggers moving to a new scene, 'Enable Advertisements' is checked. The other is for when every two times the "Try Again" button is clicked. Again, triggers moving to a new scene, 'Enable Advertisements' is checked. I have interstitial ads checked in my publishing page for AdMob, RevMob and Chartboost. My RevMob is telling me it's sending out impressions, but nothing is showing up on the game, so they're not gaining revenue. AdMob is saying there have been 0 impressions being sent out. Chart boost is reporting Bootups but no impressions.

Again, everything was working perfectly fine, games have been published, even recently updated with no problems at all, and all of a sudden they just stopped working. I checked a bunch of the forums on here, I even updated the iOS version when I found a suggestion to check "Allow App To Talk To Any Domain Insecurely" but that did not fix the problem.

I can even share the game if anybody wants to check it out to see what I mean.

Any ideas?

Comments

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited March 2016

"iI have interstitial ads checked in my publishing page for AdMob, RevMob and Chartboost. "

i am not sure if it will work if you check multiple providers I always just used one for interstitials.
    (Chhartboost)

I also know that it doesn't work for some behaviours.
    The restart game with ads NEVER worked for me.

I use pause game or change scene.

• jaredmancusojaredmancuso Member, PRO Posts: 3

Annnnnd suddenly they are working again. I don't know what happened. I'm going to keep this thread open just in case it happens again.

Thanks @BigDave for the tips. What made it most strange though was that everything was functioning properly and then suddenly it wasn't. Very odd. I'll update if this happens again.