Wall Collisions

I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for better wall collision. I attached a image of what I am working on. I am keeping the art very simple, but I need to setup collisions for the walls. The whole room was made in photoshop I then took one of the lines (the red one) and used it as a single actor to make collisions. I think this is a good way to setup collisions, but as I make more detailed rooms it will take me forever to finish lol. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Yes, using and dragging a single actor for collision will work well. It will take a while, though. You may also want to look into custom collisions, but it may not work depending on the shapes you're creating.

• GamingtilDawnGamingtilDawn Member Posts: 104

Thanks @Braydon_SFX I figured the way I was setting it up was the best option. I have seen the option for custom collision but I'm not too comfortable using that.

• TobyToby Member Posts: 478

Perhaps use a little maths and plot the positioning... especially if you will be designing lots of levels (using tables)? Use a single off screen actor and spawn all the actors at the correct locations from this one master actor. Remember to set the positioning relative to screen.

You will need to do a bit of work up front and make sure your PSD is the same size / resolution as the GS level.

That said..... By far the quickest and easiest method would be to save your PSD file as one large background actor and position transparent (unmovable) collision blocks over the top!!!

• GamingtilDawnGamingtilDawn Member Posts: 104

Thanks @Toby I didnt even think about tables. i will have to see if I can try that method.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Custom collisions are easy to use.