How to sell games as a Basic member?

Phillip MinerPhillip Miner Member, BASIC Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm new to GameSalad and I've hit the ground running, as I have a game idea that I think will be quite fun. I've invested both time and money into making it so far, and while my finished product may be a little ways away (I might be counting my chickens before hatching here if you know what I mean), I want to ask a question about selling games with GameSalad.

I know selling with the Basic subscription is limited to the GameSalad Arcade, which is apparently called the GSHelper marketplace now if I recall correctly. But I'm confused on how it's done. How do you publish to whatever the GameSalad marketplace is called these days, and where can people see or buy it? Or is making any money impossible with Basic?

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Basic users can use all the behaviors and functions of GameSalad Creator, but can only publish to the GameSalad Arcade and utilize the GameSalad Viewer for native device testing.

Gamesalad arcade is not GSHelper.com , you can find Gamesalad arcade on the home page >> games >> arcade

or by typing http://arcade.gamesalad.com/

You will not be able to sell it there , but you can allow people to play your game.

As to how you publish , in the creator choose Publish you will find it at the top

Then it will open the website , choose publish as new game and then choose the arcade option. It will ask you for description , 3 screenshots , name and icon. then just click publish and your good to go.

Hope this helps and goodluck

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

No you can't make money on basic. You would need a pro to sell it on apple or whatever you want.

I've never sold anything to the maketplace so I'm not sure there. Just go to the market website and see there.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

You only need to upgrade to PRO once you are ready to publish, and only need to upgrade for a month, then go back to Basic, until you are ready to publish again.

• Phillip MinerPhillip Miner Member, BASIC Posts: 2

Thanks for the advice, everyone! pHghost, I like your thinking, so I marked your comment Insightful. B)