Feature Requests - Scene Editor

fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565
edited April 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hi,
Could ya'll vote for some of these bugs:

Snap
http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=657

Custom Colours for Display Text (Windows Creator)

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1656

Zoom in Scene Editor

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1515

Grids for Scene Editor

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1657

Thanks Folks

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

I'd recommend renaming this thread to "Feature requests - Scene Editor" or something. Much more likely to get votes that way.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited April 2016

Renamed so you get more responses!

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

I would love for GS to remember your Camera position when editing an actor in a scene. Instead of having to find those Actors I placed in a very large scene every-time I am taken back to the start of the scene.

Also, If we could change how to increase the scene size, instead of always increasing to the left/up. If there was an option to choose which way would save having to re place every actor.

Two little things that are not needed, but are most certainly welcomed.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

These have been asked for years ago............

Staff have focused on adding features with is great.

Improved UI doesn't improve revenues.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@gattoman Improved UI improves revenues because it improves user retention. New features are great but you must do well with what you do before you break new ground.

@fmakawa said:
    @gattoman Improved UI improves revenues because it improves user retention. New features are great but you must do well with what you do before you break new ground.

In theory. Maybe. I suspect people leave for other reasons.

Features bring more return on investment than UI.

Hey I'm on your side. The UI is painful.

What UI improvements have been done in the last three years.....? Default text to black.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@gattoman said:
    What UI improvements have been done in the last three years.....? Default text to black.

>

haha I read a thread just about that the other day! I think it was started by @Wyrmfire and he wasn't a happy camper. To be honest, right now I'd take parity between the Mac and Windows creator any new things UI or Features

No UI features or changes have been done in years and none have been discussed by staff so I expect none to come.

I can only assume they are very difficult and expensive to do. Staff are pretty bright and I'm sure if given the resources and time they would like to do it.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@gattoman said:
    No UI features or changes have been done in years and none have been discussed by staff so I expect none to come.

I can only assume they are very difficult and expensive to do. Staff are pretty bright and I'm sure if given the resources and time they would like to do it.

Actually, when they did the change that actors placed on scene would snap to the nearest whole pixel, there was a comment or two about zooming and grids by the GS staff :D

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

Your are correct. My bad.

"But it wouldn't cost anything to change UI"

It does. Here is an analogy.

You own a grocery store. Someone comes in and says " shopping would be easier if you had signs for each type of food. It's only 100$ in paint".

But that's not the real cost.
    3 employees 3 hours at 10$/hour. 90$
    Close store lost sales 500$
    Heat 3 hours. 10$
    Insurance 30$
    Light 10$
    Cost of carrying debt 3 hours 20$
    Paint brushes. 20$

Real cost 780$

The roof is leaking so that money is used to fix the roof and signs are never painted.

The real victim is the cashier who hears "you should have signs" every day for five years.

And one day I'm going to snap, strip naked, write "paint some signs" on my chest, run around in the store singing a Bryan Adams song.

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

@adent42 any news on allowing basic members to vote? It doesn't seem like a massive task...

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited April 2016

I dug up an old suggestion of mine,

may be a quick solution to grid lines/snap to grid, as the Creator already snaps to single pixels.

Just as a reminder for the future :) @CodeWizard , @GeorgeGS