Two GS, one computer

mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCSMember Posts: 634

Hello -

I have to ask after not finding a relevant thread. Is there a way to install an older version of GS on my computer (MBP) without affecting the current installation? For example, creating a folder and naming it "Old_Version" and copying/moving files there?

Thanks, regards.

Comments

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Rename your current GS version in the applications folder to, for example, GameSalad 1.24.42. Then install the older version like normal. Rename that too if you want to have more versions installed. I currently have 5 versions installed.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@MentalDonkeyGames said:
    Rename your current GS version in the applications folder to, for example, GameSalad 1.24.42. Then install the older version like normal. Rename that too if you want to have more versions installed. I currently have 5 versions installed.

Just 5 !

Tut tut . . . . a good GS user has at least the last 14 versions installed:

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

@Socks said:

@MentalDonkeyGames said:

Just 5 !

Tut tut . . . . a good GS user has at least the last 14 versions installed:

I bet the text editor on the left of the GameSalad apps is there to remind you what each version is good and bad at! :)

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@Socks said:

@MentalDonkeyGames said:

Just 5 !

Tut tut . . . . a good GS user has at least the last 14 versions installed.

Nice! :D

Well, i only started using GS about 1,5 years ago :)

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634
    edited April 2016

@Socks , @MentalDonkeyGames ,

Thanks for the response. Based on your replies, I ask the following: which of the versions you have is the best in terms of Android performance? I'm referring to the lag/stutter/skip experienced in Android apps compiled with the more current versions of the Creator. I wish to install the version with the best performance to publish some apps on Android as well as fix the older ones. I've downloaded 0.13.33 based on some remarks I read around the forums. Also, what is the version of Viewer compatible with that build? Thanks again.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Also, what is the version of Viewer compatible with that build?

Viewer 0.13.33.