Android Studio and publishing

natclarkenatclarke Brisbane, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 243

Since updating java my SDK will not load to Google Play. I am using Gamesalad Version 1.23.1. This was working well and published my last app a few weeks ago

I am getting this failure.

Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is not zip aligned. You will need to run a zip align tool on your APK and upload it again.

I then loaded Android studio with latest SDK 6 in hope that this would fix the issue.

My file is pointing to /users/***/Android/sdk/platform-tools/zipalign in Gamesalad when signing the app ( Is this the correct folder to point to for the zipalign file?)

I did what another post said to do by copying and pasting the zipalign file into the platform tools folder. (I have attached a screen shot. It is showing a tick as I changed the path in the image only!)

I really don't know what else to do to get this working again since the Java upgrade and upgrading to Android studio.

Thanks for your help

Nat

Nat Clarke
Life Cleansing

Comments

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

press the select option next to it and select the zip align manually, you can find it by your normal search option on your computer first and than simply select it.

• natclarkenatclarke Brisbane, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 243

I have done that manually and I get a green tick. I have tried pointing to (platform-tools) and (tools) folders as I have placed the zip align file in both areas. But it still doesn't load to google with either folder that I use.

I keep getting this message after I have created the SDK:

You uploaded an APK that is not zip aligned. You will need to run a zip align tool on your APK and upload it again.

Nat Clarke
    Life Cleansing

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited April 2016

@natclarke said:
    I have done that manually and I get a green tick. I have tried pointing to (platform-tools) and (tools) folders as I have placed the zip align file in both areas. But it still doesn't load to google with either folder that I use.

I keep getting this message after I have created the SDK:

Not a good idea to move those SDK files around. I would uninstall the android SDK and reinstall. Also make sure you update the android SDK by using the manager. Make sure you are also using the correct Java version. On Mac it is version 6 I believe.

This should be the file path "/Users/YOURUSER/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools/23.0.2/zipalign"

• natclarkenatclarke Brisbane, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 243

Thank you

I have installed Android studio again but it is installing as:/Users/YouUser/Android/sdk

There is no library in that location. But have in gamesalad linked to "/Users/YOURUSER/Android/sdk/build-tools/23.0.2/zipalign"

Still has the error message:
    Upload failed

Do you know a link to the Java so I can upload that again? I have gone to the site but says there is java 8. So not sure what to download.

thanks

Nat

Nat Clarke
    Life Cleansing

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited April 2016

@natclarke said:
    Thank you

I have installed Android studio again but it is installing as:/Users/YouUser/Android/sdk

There is no library in that location. But have in gamesalad linked to "/Users/YOURUSER/Android/sdk/build-tools/23.0.2/zipalign"

Still has the error message:
    Upload failed

Do you know a link to the Java so I can upload that again? I have gone to the site but says there is java 8. So not sure what to download.

thanks

Nat

You need to expose your username library this used to be visable on the Mac and then apple hid it. You will find the SDK in there.once exposed you can link to the file path. http://osxdaily.com/2014/12/16/show-user-library-folder-os-x-yosemite/

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

I found that platform-tools in the Android SDK folder disappeared (I think due to an update but it just went). Once I installed Android Studio it all worked as normal including the zip-align. Have you left both the old SDK installed with Android Studio - is confused between the two.
    I could be totally off the mark here.