Collision?

sonicm3sonicm3 Member Posts: 141

Hi I want actor 1 so that when he collides with actor C he gains speed along the C platform.
He just falls through it and not sure why.
If I add a collision rule outside the current rule he just hits the platform and does not accelerate.
Any ideas?
Basically I am trying to simulate the actor hitting ICE on this platform.

http://s21.postimg.org/mjmfrw1bb/speed.png

Currently using PC.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@sonicm3 said:
    Hi I want actor 1 so that when he collides with actor C he gains speed along the C platform.
    He just falls through it and not sure why.

There is nothing in your code to stop him falling through.

@sonicm3 said:
    If I add a collision rule outside the current rule he just hits the platform and does not accelerate.

Your acceleration direction is pointed downwards (270°).

• sonicm3sonicm3 Member Posts: 141

Hi sorry I solved that some time ago, the reason was actor 1 was looking for the collision.
    thanks anyway.
    btw, would you happen to know why MUSIC allows me to pick a file wav/mp3 but sound does not want to display a drop down?

cheers

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

You have to choose the type when you import it.

Hi yes, the thing is, it did work I had sound using beep.mp3 then I deleted the beep.mp3 from the media section and no matter what is in there I cant seem to find it.
    I attached a screenshot, I have also tried to close the game salad down and back up.
    The music works fine but if i choose music for everything, when I want my background music to play it will just stop on the next click...

http://s24.postimg.org/q4ciry3r9/sound.png

Hi just a daft question, can sound support .mp3? I am sure it was mp3 but wondering if I may have had a .wav instead?

edited April 2016

@sonicm3 said:
    II deleted the beep.mp3 from the media section
    and no matter what is in there I cant seem to find it.

You won't be able to find it in the media section if you've deleted it. You'll need to reimport it.

edited April 2016

"You won't be able to find it in the media section of you've deleted it. You need to reimport it."

lol you have misunderstood this completely buddy.
    I stated I deleted the file in the media and ever since I deleted THAT file no matter how many other files are in there it wont show them as a drop down.
    My point was... why wont the other files load, anyhow I re-installed game salad and everything is fine again.

edited April 2016

//

edited April 2016

whats with the sarcastic // when you post buddy, you have been doing this alot on my posts its very disrespectful.
    I am learning and each time you reply to one of my posts its sarcastic, I have just been at this for 1-2days.
    Have I done something to annoy you or something.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840
    edited April 2016

SAVE your game. Close Game Salad completely. Restart gamesalad and load your game. Should be there. If not just drag the sounds back in.

Socks answered your question exactly as you asked. He did not misunderstand anything.

Please be precise in questions so you can get a correct answer. Rookie mistake we all make. Sometimes we don't even know how to ask the question......

I understand you wish to defend your friend but thats NOT the case.
    I stated I deleted the file beep by error in the media and no matter ((((what is in there)))) it wont show the drop down for ANY files.
    Its obvious if I delete something it wont be there.
    Anyhow as stated the issue was resolved by re-installing Game Salad.
    Closing it down and back up didn't work.
    Like I say I am not new to coding but Game Salad I am new at and learning the way it works and performs and I am doing small projects to understand the basics behind each task.
    If i ask a question I just want the respect it deserves and not childish // on responses.

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

@sonicm3 -- No one is trying to be snarky with you. Whenever you see a post with a
    //
    or perhaps a

That usually means the text was deleted by the person who originally posted the message.

Sometimes we write something and then realize that the message was not useful or relevant. Since we can't delete our messages, the next best thing is to delete the contents of the message. So some people just put // to indicate that they tried to make an answer, but then deleted it. (For what ever reason.)

So when you see a
    //

Just interpret it as, 'I tried to give an answer but realized it really does not help. Therefore I deleted it. Please carry on.'

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited April 2016

@sonicm3 said:
    I stated I deleted the file beep by error in the media and no matter ((((what is in there)))) it wont show the drop down for ANY files.
    Its obvious if I delete something it wont be there.
    Anyhow as stated the issue was resolved by re-installing Game Salad.
    Closing it down and back up didn't work.
    Like I say I am not new to coding but Game Salad I am new at and learning the way it works and performs and I am doing small projects to understand the basics behind each task.
    If i ask a question I just want the respect it deserves and not childish // on responses.

Have you watched any tutorials? You have been on here a lot asking beginner questions that could have be answered by watching a few of the beginner tutorials in the academy. Most of those tutorials can be watched in an afternoon and enable you to pick up many of the formative basics instead of peppering the forum with basic questions. You have five threads along on the top page. We don't mind helping with tough issues but the things you are asking are answered by taking the time to learn with the videos. We don't mind helping you but not by proxy building your game for you.

edited April 2016

@sonicm3 said:
    whats with the sarcastic // when you post buddy, you have been doing this alot on my posts its very disrespectful.

This forum doesn't allow you to delete a post, the best you can do is to edit your post and remove all the text, but the forum also doesn't allow you to post a blank message, so you are forced to enter a few characters before the 'Post Comment' button is made available, I've tried three dots '...' - a couple of **'s - and various other things, but regardless of what you type people still manage to see '//' (or whatever) as offensive, sarcastic, disrespectful, aggressive, snarky, contemptuous (and so on).

I'm pretty sure @Armelline suggested I use '//' (so blame him :smile: ) as everyone was finding '...' so offensive he suggested I move over to the much more diplomatic '//', I personally haven't got a clue why any of these things upset people, or why '//' is more or less offensive than '...', or how '***' might be more disrespectful or sarcastic than '---', it's all a bit of mystery to me, but basically I often answer a lot of questions on the fly, typing them out as I'm thinking, rather than working out a solution first and then posting it, sometimes I read back what I wrote and think something like 'actually that's not going to work' or 'that's probably not a useful solution' so I delete the post as best I can (given that you can't delete a post or even all the text).

@sonicm3 said:
    I am learning and each time you reply to one of my posts its sarcastic.

I've not been sarcastic once, apologies if I came across as sarcastic.

edited April 2016

@sonicm3 said:

That's not what you said at all, you didn't say you'd deleted the file in error, nor did you say that the drop down won't show 'any' files, there's no need to add words (and even highlight (by capitalising) words that you've added later), why not simply cut and paste what you actually wrote:

" . . . I had sound using beep.mp3 then I deleted the beep.mp3 from the media section and no matter what is in there I cant seem to find it . . ."

I think any reasonable reading of this would think that 'it' refers to the thing previously mentioned.

@sonicm3 said:

Lol, '//' is also childish, I think the only thing left is to be called a 'fascist' for sticking in a couple of random characters :smile: I think I'm going to need another method, maybe a message like 'this post has been deleted' - but I honestly wouldn't be suprised to find someone upset at the 'racism' and 'contempt' of someone posting 'this post has been deleted'.

So, I'm genuinely open to suggestions, I'm happy to type whatever people think is the safest, least hurtful and offensive message or symbol, but @Armelline is not allowed to make any more suggestions :P

Anyhow, no offence meant, your questions are perfectly valid, apologies if you thought I was being sarcastic.