Can I rotate an Image whiles its moving in a fixed drection?

dimsdaledimsdale Member, PRO Posts: 495

I've got aliens in my game that spawning like 30 bullets at a time in a spiral formation, but i want all the bullets to face 360degrees relative to the scene.
it there a way that i can just rotate the image in the object or something?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

You cannot rotate an image within the actor, you will need to rotate the actor itself.

360° is the same as 0°.

• dimsdaledimsdale Member, PRO Posts: 495

0° just sounds wrong :) is there an easy way to link a lot of spawned object to other objects. The only way i can think is to link an object that been rotated to move in the right direction to another object that is facing the right way.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@dimsdale said:
    0° just sounds wrong :)

Well then you can also use 144,000° (400 full rotations), which is the same as 0° and 360°, but with the added bonus of appearing mysterious.

:smile:

@dimsdale said:
    is there an easy way to link a lot of spawned object to other objects.

Sure, I think I set out how to do this recently for someone here on the forums, I'll see if I can dig it up for you . . . but the process is pretty straightforward, you just need to constrain the spawned objects to the master object via game.attributes.

@dimsdale said:
    The only way i can think is to link an object that been rotated to move in the right direction to another object that is facing the right way.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but I'm not sure you need to use two actors to simply have an actor move and rotate at the same time, you can do it with a single actor very easily.

Can you sketch out exactly what it is you are trying to achieve.

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

@dimsdale -- It sounds like you want a bullet to always face straight to the right, no matter which direction it might be moving. Is that correct?

@RThurman -- yes, thats better english than what i wrote. Thanks.

@Socks -- i want the alien to shoot every 0.1 sec, for a full second at 30° increments with the image facing to the left.

Maybe something like this?

@RThurman - yes, something very much like that. Thank you very much :)

You are welcome!